How long for iep

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My easy child is locked up and my info is on it...
After I call an iep meeting, how long do they have to get it
Scheduled?

shellyd67

Shari, I believe it is 30 days. I hand delivered my IEP request for difficult child just yesterday and with school coming to a close soon I don't know if they can manage to pull it off.

I and SD dropped the ball with late timing but things were going so well for difficult child this year and as of late everything has come crashing down for him.

Google Wright's Law and that should give you a definite answer. SHelly

jennd23

I think it varies by state. I want to say we have 30 days for a response here, but when i googled the site I landed on said 15. Maybe call your state education board?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
We got the draft for Onyxx's (from Friday) yesterday... They sent it home with her on Friday afternoon...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We got the draft for Onyxx's (from Friday) yesterday... They sent it home with her on Friday afternoon...

Oh my....sent it home with her???? How tacky.

I've googled and Wright's lawed and everything else. They have limits to schedule the initial meeting and do the evaluation, but I can't find anything that pertains to calling a meeting after they already have an IEP. I called DESE.

Doesn't matter. I am hand delivering a letter to them today. I have emailed SpEd director and cc'ed superintendant, and asked for a reply that they received the email. Super replied that she and sped dir had "just been discussing this", but sped dir has not replied. I emailed her again, and still got nothing, so we hand deliver and get a signed copy today. Ugh. I hate having to "play the game". If there was a time limit, I was just going to be sure to write that in the letter. Not a big deal.