How low can she go?

greenrene

I can't post details due to privacy issues, but I will say that, even after the thefts of the phone (3 times!) and money (felony grand theft!), difficult child still managed to stoop to new lows over Christmas break. The things that she did/said to husband and I were beyond below the belt, and I'm still feeling traumatized, raw, and extremely angry. I went into full PTSD mode and am still there to some extent. I can't believe that I used to feel that way ALL THE TIME.

I am absolutely disgusted with her attitude and lack of respect. I don't even want to LOOK at her.

She has become so out of control that we can't, in good conscience, send her back to school.

She is living with mother in law and father in law until we can find some sort of short-term placement/boot camp/wilderness program for her. At that point, we are hoping that is enough time to find a more permanent/long term place for her to live because at this point everyone seems to agree that her living at home is NOT an option, especially since my other children are so young.

Today we are meeting with the psychiatrist who has been working with us to discuss the current downward spiral (more like free-fall) and our options.

We have contacted her former TBS for help, and they are going to help us.

In the meantime, we have had to install all kinds of deadbolts so our house is like Fort Knox. husband is thinking about installing cameras.

Ugh.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I am so sorry. What a mess. It's good that you have support and at the very least, now everyone is on board about her never living at home with you, so that option is off the table. Well, now the full truth of the situation is out in the open and you guys will find a solution. It seems that now her actions have pulled you all together to find a solution that works for everyone, including YOU.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Sending you ((HUGS))
Amidst all this chaos please try to remember to take care of yourself. It's so easy to have all our energy focused on our difficult child's that we lose track of ourselves.
Hang in there!!!

dstc_99

I am so sorry to hear things got worse. I wish you guys the best with finding assistance and like Tanya said it is good you all are working towards a common goal now. Sending hugs

greenrene

It's been a LONG time coming, but I agree that it's definitely good that the other powers-that-be in the family are seeing the situation for what it truly is instead of sugarcoating things or blaming everything on ME.

husband has come around in a big way, partly because difficult child has turned a lot of her wrath directly on him. Now he knows how it feels.

I'm still coming down from the stress of the shenanigans.

dstc_99

Nothing is more relieving than having a group of people support you and understand where you are coming from. It is so hard when you are the only one in the situation seeing what is really going on and no one else really believes you or thinks you are overreacting.