How many are trying to play with the new Toys?

DammitJanet

Ok...cheryl gave us some new toys to play with since she did the new upgrade. Anyone else trying to play with them? LOL. I have messed with my profile and it is now a colorful mess. I think I like the new message system. I am still trying to figure out the friend thing. I wish I could figure out if we could put albums up...that would be so cool! It mentions it in the instructions but I dont see anything in the software.

Anyone else playing? LOL.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've been playing with it some............

But I'm afraid to touch much. I might mess it up so bad no one can fix it. :rofl:

F

flutterbee

I have to say that the tags that some have added to their posts really make it hard for me to determine what the post title is....especially when they add the tags later. It ends up looking like garble to those of us who are easily confused.

DammitJanet

Well I hadnt even figured out what a tag was so I hadnt touched that one...lol. I am still trying to figure out if friends and contacts are the same thing! It makes it sound like you can have a buddy list kind of like on AIM or a messenger and share friends. Sounds cool. It also appears we can see what each of us is writing to each other on the public profile messages...lol. We can either do PM's or viewable messages...interesting.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I didn't even know about them until I saw this post... I think my little experiment is like a bad hangover at this point...

Fran

Former desparate mom
I don't even know what a social group is?!?:clubbing: or:couple:
I have never been good with new toys. I have to learn gradually.

Thanks Cheryl for your hard work to keep us updated.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I've not figured out what tags are for either. Maybe to link pics or something??

Social goup huh? A group within a group. Now that'd be cool. lol :D

DammitJanet

You know...this could get very interesting considering we are parents...with diagnosis's of our own...lmao. We could each have our own social group. Group all the bipolars together, all the aspies together, etc. That should get REALLY interesting!

F

flutterbee

I know you use tags with delicious (with .'s thrown in there somewhere). Delicious is an online bookmark keeper. I use it because I've lost all of my bookmarks twice with firefox upgrades. Of course, since I started using delicious, I haven't lost my bookmarks, but that's how it goes, isn't it? I would think if you tag a post, then if someone searches for those terms it would pull in that thread. I dunno. Just a guess. If you look on the general board, TM tagged her thread and you can see what I'm talking about.

And as far as the social groups...bipolar, aspies, etc...can we have one for just plain nuts? That's the one I would fit into. :devil:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well what social group would you put me into? Lord have MERCY.....I don't see clown college social group.

AND MY PINK IS STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would run , but I am crippled. (any pity?) lol AND now I see....I am again in the corner. pft....

KTMom91

I managed to get my signature to be purple, and I've poked at a few other buttons, but haven't figured out the bookmarks yet.

And when the "just plain nuts" group is set up? Count me in.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(from the corner)

And then after I thought about it - it WAS a post from JANET asking if we were playing with our toys!

I kept lookin' for the batteries. :surprise:

klmno

Well you are definitely in the corner now, Star! Janet, do you see what you have started? LOL!

Cheryl explained the social group on the "forum format" thread.

klmno

I just noticed your avatar (sorry, I'm a little slow)- is that Pootie? (Eyes are going bad, too)
I clicked on the avatar and a bunch of pink stuff came up....