only to find out later it was really something else? My difficult child got a diagnosis of ADHD combined type and ODD from a clinical psychologist. psychiatric is convinced and doesn't want to talk about other possibilities. Pediatrician doesn't want to talk about other medical possibilities. We have a decision to make about whether we want to medicate or not. psychiatric told us if we medicate, we may no longer have a need for a 504 or IEP in school. difficult child's behavior is being managed in school with positive supports in place. My concern is his academics now and in the future. In the teacher questionnaire, his teacher indicated difficult child is barely passing or failing all subjects (this is Kindergarten). The school refuses to evaluate because they are trying interventions first (behavioral interventions) and by the look of it those interventions are working, so I do not believe without a fight that they will evaluate. One childrens hospital told us they do not do initial neuropsychologist evaluations the school would need to evaluate first and then if we still have concerns, they could do an evaluation. I dont know what to do at this point. These are my options are far as I can see: 1. Wait it out to see if difficult child struggles in school academically 2. Medicate him for ADHD and see if his behavior/academics improve 3. Find another pediatrician to test for medical possibilities 4. Find another hospital that will do a neuropsychologist evaluation 5. ??? Thanks in advance for any feedback!