How many times have you moved?

muttmeister

I guess I'm one of the ones who has moved the least. I lived in the same place from the time I was born until I went away to college. THat involved 4 dorm rooms, 1 house, and 1 apartment in 4 years. THen I moved to an apartment for my first teaching job, again the next year, and again the next year but I stayed in that one for about 10 years till I got married. Ex and I lived in a rental for a couple of years and then bought the house I'm in now in 1983 and I"ve been here ever since. I hope to move one of these days but I'm not holding my breath as difficult child has spent all the money I was hoping to use to buy a retirement house. This one is paid for so they may just have to carry me out for the funeral.

Fran

Former desparate mom
birth to 18 - Never
18 to 20 1 (school)
20 to 27 4(variety of apts as a single woman)
26 to 52 8 different houses bought and sold in 5 states. 1 house bought but never closed due to company relocating.
I expect that I have 1 more move before retirement. This last move seems to be the toughest. Maybe we have more stuff to cart around.
I don't mind moving. It's like starting a new chapter in one's life.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
0-9 (When my Mom Died) at least 15 times... evictions, welfare etc...
9-13 (Adopted Dad kicked me out) 3 times
13-17 (Lived with real Father) 5 times
Those were all in California...
17-29 (Met husband) 16 times that I can remember... Idaho and California... back and forth.
29- 38~(Since husband) 4 times....Idaho to Indiana and Back...

Now we are getting ready to move to Arizona...

So I am looking at at least 44 with this move!!! Oh My Gosh... and those are the ones I can remember...
My 20's are pretty vague...
I don't think we are done either, we will be renting in AZ for at least a year, and then buy... so another move...

DammitJanet

I am probably on the low side too.

From birth to 19, 1 time when my parents built a bigger house when I was 10.
19-21...2 times.
21 till now...lived in 3 places in the Myrtle beach area in 7 years. Moved to Greensboro NC for a year, then moved here to Lumberton in 1990. We have lived in 3 rentals here and then bought a mobile home.