How Much Else Does Everyone Hate Living This !@@@##$$%%&& Life???

jal

I need to vent. I am soooooo sick and tired of everything being a fight. I am sooooo sick and tired of everything being a struggle...I am soooo sick and tired of every request being met with a mouth, with yelling with crying. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick and TIRED of it! I am sick to h@ll with-the hyperactivity, and the repetitive questions and the lying and the doing what he wants when he wants it....HE IS 7 for petesake!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he acts like he's 20. I AM SO TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.........I needed to get that out. T.G. he's about to fall asleep!

MICHL

I'm there too. Mine is 14 1/2. I am trying my best & so is husband. I don't know what else I can do, but take care of myself too, to keep my sanity. All difficult child's have different issues. My difficult child has so many issues and gets alot of services, but sometimes I feel that me & husband are the only ones working on difficult child, not even difficult child himself.. I get so frustrated but I have also learned to detach enough I'm at work or busy doing other things... This site is great to vent, everyone can relate.

TerryJ2

Oh, JAL, I am so there with you!
I was thinking the exact same thing today.
So relentless, so depressing.
I'm sorry. For both of us.
All I can say is that tomorrow is another day. And some days are better than others.

N

Nomad

Well, it's hard to say what the future holds for you and your family. Hopefully, down the road, there will be lots of improvement.
We've had difficulties for many years and although there have been many ups and downs and some improvement in certain areas, even at age 21, our adult daughter continues to struggle and cause some chaos all around her,
However, my attitude about it has changed and this has strengthened me.
I recall that when she was younger, at times, I got some outside help.
Good quality help...is a blessing and might really help bring you relief.
Babysitters, a little help with housework, tutors...even a therapist off and on for myself and a separate one for difficult child. Be sure to take time to nurture yourself and your relationship with- your spouse. Go on long weekends once in awhile WITHOUT your difficult child...its hard to organize/plan...but well worth it!

Marguerite

Oh, you poor darling. Hang in there. One day he WILL be 20. And maybe one day he will be a parent, you can be the unruly grandmother who spoils the grandkid then hands him back to watch the trouble you've caused him. REVENGE!

I remember complaining to my mother, "easy child just won't SHUT UP! She asks questions all the time!"
My mother burst out laughing. "Serves you right!" she laughed. "You made my life a living hell with all of your questions!"

difficult child 3 had bad language delay, I despairred that he would never learn to talk properly.

Now he can talk properly, he never shuts up!

Incidentally, have you had him checked out for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)? It would explain a lot of what you describe.

Marg

JJJ

I just logged on to post this same vent. I cannot stand my life right now. Why did I ever decide to adopt? I should have taken infertility as a sign from God and got a cat.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
AHHHHH!!!! My same thoughts this past week!!!!

husband and I both sat with therapist and said how do we not just sit there and feel... well add any horrible feeling you can think of.

I hate it. I hate all of it.

I am sorry

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry it was such a rough weekend. Any chance the fluoxetine is causing problems? It can cause mania, adhd like behaviors, etc... in children.

I hoep the week is better.

crazymama30

Hugs. Between husband and difficult child we have many ups and downs. It is very hard not to get drug along for the ride.

Hang in there.

jal

Thank you everyone. Yeah, yesterday was a bit of a trying day with-difficult child and UGH, I had just had enough and had to vent. Thank you for letting me.

Marg - he has been evaluated twice for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). Once through the SD and once on our own at a large well known hospital that is doing extensive research into autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). Even though he does tend to exhibit some qualities he hasn't been given that diagnosis.

Susiestar - He has always been this way even before the fluxoetine was introduced.

I think it was just a little too much going on. We had gotten our tree and decorated it and I think it really just heightened his excitement.

JJJ - I've often said "if I knew then, what I know now..." I would've stuck with-my cats and dog!

Thank you - here's to a better day today!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{Jal}} Sending some hugs! I feel the same way often...but these days it's mostly with my H! Hahahaha.

Hang in there, better days are to come! Here's hoping today is the first of many~

JJJ

JJJ - I've often said "if I knew then, what I know now..." I would've stuck with-my cats and dog!

It makes me wonder...with the increase in autism and mental illness; with our PCs being raised with the stress of difficult children; will having children lose some of its luster; will we see fewer children born because more people will have the fear of having a difficult child??? I never thought that I would have a difficult child and I have 3. I know I would not have chosen this; I know my one sister stopped at 1 child with her #1 reason being fear of a difficult child (her husband is a easy child/difficult child).

jal

JJJ- I believe you may be onto something. To tell you the truth difficult child is why husband and I are not having anymore children. (Proper steps have been taken to assure that - T.Y. husband) I couldn't (A) handle another one and (B) wouldn't want to subject a possible easy child child to it. We've poured a lot of energy and money into difficult child interms of doctors, medications, services, etc. I just don't think that either husband or I could have enough left over for another one.

I think the saddest part of all of it is (in our case) is that difficult child was a planned pregnancy. husband and I took well over a year to determine whether or not we were going to try to have a child. We have been together since we were 17/18 yrs old, married when we were 26 and had difficult child when we were 29. As anyone you have your own vision of what will be with any child and what we all live through on a day to day basis never originally enters that vision. But when it does, it's a real disapointment. But we buck up and roll along. It's definately not all bad and we have learned a lot, but it would be nice to not have it in our faces 24/7.

graceupongrace

Wishing you peace. We all feel this way sometimes.

I was just thinking this morning that difficult child is 15, and I've been dealing with this in one form or another for 11+ years. No wonder I'm tired!

We have seen improvements in some areas over time. difficult child is no longer violent, and I am so grateful for that. I used to deal with explosions; now it's more like Chinese water torture.

(((Hugs.)))

TerryJ2

Why did I ever decide to adopt? I should have taken infertility as a sign from God and got a cat.

ROFL!!! Thank you! I needed that.