How much for gas where you are?

Lothlorien

about $2.91 a gallon. Being in NJ, we are closer to the refineries and ports, here. We are usually a bit less. (Which is probably the only thing that's cheaper than the rest of the country!)

Those in Georgia....are you still fairly low? We usually make sure to get gas in GA, when traveling to Florida.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
About 3.60 here and they have been saying it will go over 4.00 a gallon towards the summer..

Am sooooo glad I only have a 1 mile commute ..

Marcie

F

flutterbee

Last time I saw it was 3.01 here. I could have told you exactly, except that we didn't make it TO the gas station tonight.

crazymama30

$3.27 here. But if I spend over $100 dollars at Fred Meyers (using my reward card) I then save $0.10 per gallon. It has been easy to spend that so far as they have had really good sales, and kids needed clothes and backpacks. I needed work out clothes and shoes. So I have been paying less. The price just went up, fwiw.

dreamer

UG! $3.42 / gal today when I drove past.
Eggs were $2.92 / doz and milk was $3.84 / gal

Glad I got the new beetle (used) last fall (My other car is a Durango SUV) and me and lil dude have a BUNCH of upcoming appts ALL 3-5 hours away in the coming weeks. :-(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The price was 3.09 a gallon when we drove past this afternoon. I almost choked.

husband spends 2 hrs a day on the road.:faint:

mom_in_training

About 4 days ago I paid $3.32 for the cheap gas. It varys depending on where you go to gas up. about a week before that I paid $3.19 for the cheap gas and the next day they increased it at the same station to $3.24 and at this same station the highest octain was at $3.45. Yikes!!!!, I'm telling you these rediculous prices are definitely taking food off of my table. Unfortunately I have to drive a van to haul my sons wheelchair though (98 pontiac transport) without a lift system. Geezo I can't imagine how much worse it would be if I did have a lift due to the increased weight adding to the gas consumption. I soooo wanna go horse and buggy, Lol!! Oh and did you all hear the president when a reporter brought up the fact that our gas will be hitting $4,00 a gal. I was appalled!!!!! His come back was that he is not aware of that at all. Ummmmm, I think not. Eeeerrrrr. I am in southern Ca.

dreamer

I am sidetracking the thread for just a moment....
Yeesh, yes, thats why we had the Durango- my mobility scooter, plus dhs walker, and 3 kids....(and one car seat)
THANK GOODNESS I no longer need the scooter. I doubt I could afford the gas for the Durango, now. The good side part is that previously I also could not have DRIVEN the Bug.....but now I can. :)
Alas, the medications are affecting my liver and I hafta go in to doctor to see how badly----and thats not even the worst, even while still ON the medications, the old symptoms began creeping back last week....and I am not sure if becuz of my liver I can continue on my medications, and if the symptoms get much worse, I could very easily no longer be able to drive the bug, and if it gets worse than that, I might once again need my scooter. _Except NO WAY can I afford the gas for the durango, anymore. So- it could all combined, very well homebound me, and my whole family. :-(

OK. Sorry. Thats been building up in me this last 2 weeks.

I will give the thread back now.

dreamer

OK last summer I DID get myself a bicycle! :)
And THEN I realized, YIKES.....there is nowhere safe to RIDE one here! And everything is way too far to walk. But I keep looking at my bicycle trying to figure out how to find SOME way to use THAT instead. <sigh> (Plus think how much more healthy it would be, to walk or ride the bike instead of drive? -yeah right, so healthy....getting hit by a car?)

mom_in_training

Dreamer, I sooooo know where your coming from. For the most part I have been pretty much homebound myself lately. I have been mainly just going back and forth to Dr appointments for my kids (about a 50 mile round trip) and doing errands locally and its still wiping me out gas wise. I hope you can find a happy medium on the liver situation. I hope you get better. I too have thought to get a bike but unfortunately I can't haul a wheelchair with that. Lol!! Darn it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
dreamer

Years ago husband did buy an expensive bike to ride to and from work. At the time we lived only about 10 mins from where he worked. The second week he got hit by a car. Hit and run no less. He was knocked off the bike, but fortunately just banged up a bit. It was the last time he ever rode it.

I just told Travis that next quarter he'd better be saving cab money. Two days a week my classes start at 8 am. He gets off work at 6 am. I am Not driving clear across town to pick him up at 6 am, come back home and race to get ready for school only to have to drive right back across town by 8am. Nope. Gas is just too expensive.

dreamer

LOL, yeah, after I posted about my bike, I thought yeesh, if I have to stop my medications, riding a bike will not even be possible.and can you see me taking my son to his eye doctor 5 hours one way on a bicycle? ROFL! Or bringing home 50 pounds of cat litter in the basket of a bike? LOL. I do wish we had busses here......or taxi cabs......or something. That might be some help----

Maybe I could ride my scooter but....I doubt that would be very safe either, it is low to the ground and too slow for the roads, and there are no sidwalks, LOL. And the potholes would prolly swallow it, anyway!

SO many challenges. Hmmm, got most of my difficult child challenges leeld out only to run into all kinds of new types, huh?
And social security disability sure does not stretch very far with the gas etc this high!