How much of your information the likes of Facebook and Google store about you

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
Sign in - Google Accounts Google stores your location (if you have it turned on) every time you turn on your phone

Welcome to My Activity Google stores search history across all your devices

https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated Google creates an advertisement profile based on your information, including your location, gender, age, hobbies, career, interests, relationship status, and income

Sign in - Google Accounts Google stores information on every app and extension you use, how often you use them, where you use them, and who you use them to interact with

History - YouTube Google stores ALL of your YouTube history

Sign in - Google Accounts Google offers an option to download all of the data it stores about you

Log into Facebook | Facebook Facebook offers a similar option to download all your information. This includes every message you've ever sent or been sent, every file you've ever sent or been sent, all the contacts in your phone, and all the audio messages you've ever sent or been sent. Facebook also stores what it think you might be interested in based off the things you've liked and what you and your friends talk about. They also store every time you log into Facebook, where you logged in from, what time, and from what device.

Lil

I can't even begin to imagine how BIG that Facebook download file would be. :( I used messenger a LOT. I don't use it as my default texting app, but a lot of people do. It asks you when you log into it if you want to make it your default.

I noticed ages ago that Google stores everything. In fact, Google stores passwords to other sites if you let it. At least it asks first - usually.