How to sell short term insurance......

Star*

call 911........call 911
So our center has these people "SHOW UP" and sit in a room.........we can go in and change our plan, amend, add - delete. It's pretty nice acutally and now is open enrollment.

So I go in and want to add Dude.

The guy says "Have a seat, you'll need to log on to my computer with a password of your own." ........I'm a little weirded out by this .......I don't like typing on others stuff (germ o phoeb) but I do it.

While I'm doing it the guy goes into his spiel then states HOW BLOODY SICK HES BEEN FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS ------diarrahea and all......:panicsmiley: I swear to you after I heard that pppooo word it was like what the dog must hear ?bla blah blah blah blha......blah.

And I swear to you I said "You know what? I think I can live without this." and got up and left.......sanitized my EVERYTHING.......omg did he breathe on me? DId I shake his hand? HOw long was I exposed?

So I'm thinking I'm okay - I wake up yesterday and I have sore ears and throat.......off to the Dollar General for some ALka Seltzer Cold medications.......and coughdrops. OH I SWEAR I can NOT miss work......

I am so angry about this.......

I am so careful......had my flu shot, wash my hands a billion times.......disenfect my desk and everytyhing.........I even have a UV light portable for germs.......(no not kiddin)

AND THEY BRING IN TYPHOID DON TO SELL SHORT TERM DISABILITY/////// HOW FITTING.

Then I ran into the secretary? Who is so sick she can barely stand........and she says to me "OMG IIIIIIII shook his hand." SHE looks like death warmed over. And if I thought I was po'd......she's so mad she could nail his coffin shut with laser eye stares. She said ''''he said well (hahah) I don't think I'm still contageous) and kept coughing and was sweating......and gagging.......yeah right.

how rude.......how inconsiderate........and i'm supposed to go find him and update my information???????? REALLY?????? with a hazmat suit maybe.....

we work 12 hour -=3 day shifts......how could someone be so stupid?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am not a complete germophobe, but a lot of stuff really icks me out. Like for almost 2 years I was the only female in my building. I had my choice of bathroom stalls - regular or disabled. Almost always used regular unless it was out of TP.

Then my boss retired in May and D came in. She's a nice lady and is very clean except... She dribbles on the seat! OMG GROSS, wipe it up so at least I don't KNOW! And she likes the regular toilet. So guess who suddenly switched to the disabled? Well, to be honest I needed a bit of extra room too. And the handrails were very helpful toward the end there. I also had hand sanitizer I would take in with me, quickly wipe the seat off, less obvious than Lysol. BLEAH! And mind, I dribbled a bit too, I was awkward, but MINE got cleaned up!

Now? Don't touch me or my kid unless you wash those hands...

DammitJanet

When I was working there was a woman in my unit who would leave the restroom a mess during that time of the month. A real mess. I was somewhat friendly with her because she had two kids who were young difficult child's but we werent actually friends...just talked some at work about what pains they were. Hers were much younger than mine.

It was obvious who was doing this because we had one bathroom stall for our unit for the women. The others decided to have me talk to her before they went to the supervisors. Oh I didnt like that at all! Of course I didnt want her to get written up either. I tried having a "have you noticed...." talk with her which went right over her head. I was hoping she would get the picture she needed to be more aware. I think she was Aspie or something. They ended up going to supervisors because I just couldnt come out and tell her she was nasty.

InsaneCdn

Starbie... you don't carry surgical gloves in your pocket/purse/somewhere? Just for this kind of thing?

Really... I have friends with compromised immune systems, and they put on surgical gloves before going into the doctor's office, the pharmacy, the lab, etc. - just too much risk. One of them even uses that tactic if they are going to be "out in public"... so that anyone who wants to shake his hand, shakes a gloved hand (yes, surgical glove). Most people don't even shake it - they get the message.

And yes, MOST transmission is through touch, not through the air.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not a germophobe of any sort. Maybe working in hospitals and nursing homes should have made me one, but instead it had the opposite effect.

I avoid someone who is sick, don't get me wrong. If I've had contact with someone who is sick I make sure to wash my hands very well in very hot soapy water. Other than that? I don't worry about it. You're more vulnerable to people who have been exposed and are not yet showing any signs of being sick (the most contagious period) I try to wash my hands often too. I also limit my time in public, especially during cold/flu season.

Being too much of a germophobe actually can impair your immune system.

I would have been miffed over him coming to work that ill, but I would've been more uneasy that he wanted you to type your password into his computer than his germs. That seems odd to me.

DammitJanet

Im not a germaphobe but I get sick anytime I go into a hospital. It seems that place is just too much for me. Also if the grands come over and are sniffly from some cold or such from school, well I end up with it. Im probably just too close to them without washing hands constantly. I certainly dont don a hazmat suit when Im with them and kids are simply petri dishes. I am sick now because Buck came over when he was sick. I didnt realize he was sick until afterwards and he drank out of one of the soda bottles without using a glass. I have no idea which one and I didnt find out about that until later either. Ick.

FlowerGarden

I was always sick from childhood through my 20's. When my sons started preschool, whenever they got sick, I got sick. Once the youngest got into elementary school, I started working in the school. I hardly ever get sick since I started working with kids. You would think it would've been the opposite!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
FG, by working with the kids, your immune system was built up via being exposed to various bugs. Same thing happens with health care workers. Doesn't mean there aren't things you will catch, but what you do actually catch is greatly reduced.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When Onyxx & Jett started living with us full time (residential custody), I spent almost a year being constantly ill.

The bronchitis I got 4 weeks ago is the worst I have been sick in 5 years. In fact I have had nothing worse than a mild cold till then...

susiestar

Roll With It
It sounds like a truly icky experience! Step, a dribbler? I would be grossed out. Last time I had a problem with this I put a sign up that said "If you tinkle on the seatie be a sweetie and wipe the seatiie." It did the trick for the group I worked with.

Why do I always want to take out my spray bottle of alcohol and spray people like that ins guy with it? Sometimes the urge can be very strong. I wonder what kinds of looks I would get for doing that? How many 'normal' women would go with justifiable after I did that? Hmmmmm

Instead of buying more and more sanitizer for your purse, etc..., get a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and one of the little 4 oz sprayers (sold with the trial/travel siize things at the Evil Empire of Wally Whirled for about a dollar). Fill the spray bottle iwth alcohol and use it the way you would use sanitizer. It works just as well on most things (even cleaning glasses) and is a lot cheaper.

You can add essential oil or another favorite scent if you want it to have a fragrance other than the alcohol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Susie, she is my BOSS. I don't feel comfortable...

But then I discovered tonight that I did, earlier, and did not see it. I apologized all over the place to husband. YUCK. He said he is used to it - OMG. Now I feel like the worst kind of hypocrite!

donna723

My poor daughter is a walking target for every germ around! Not only is she a nurse in a general practice doctors office, she has a three year old who is in day care! Surprisingly enough though, she doesn't really get sick all that often, even when the little guy comes home sick from whatever was going around with the day care kids.

InsaneCdn

Hypocrite? No way, Step.

Under ancient medical rules, you are technically insane for 6 weeks after giving birth to a child.
Anything you do AFTER that might be held against you, but... right now, you're under "new mother insanity" regulations, which means an autmatic "get out of jail free" card for all this kind of stuff.