How to store homemade chocolate covered peanuts??

Sue C

Yesterday I made a recipe I found stuffed into my recipe box which I had never made before. It called for melted 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of salted peanuts. You stir the ingredients all together and drop them by teaspoon on wax paper, then put them into the refrigerator to chill. They taste delicious!

My question is on how to store them. They are still sitting in the refrigerator on wax paper. Do they have to be stored in the fridge? Or can they be brought out now and stored in a container on my counter?

Does anybody know? Thanks!
Sue

SRL

If they've set you should be able to store them in a sealed container in a dry cool place. (Sometimes I'll take one piece of candy out to test to be sure) It's not a bad idea to put wax paper between the layers.

Sounds good@!

Sue C

Thanks, SRL. When I first read your reply, I thought you meant you take one piece of candy to eat ("test"), and I thought gosh, I've already eaten 3 pieces and they are done. Then I realized you meant test having one piece out of the refrigerator. LOL

Thanks again,
Sue

meowbunny

Well, if you're in Florida, you wouldn't dare leave them out -- the chocolate would be at the bottom of the serving dish by the end of the day. If you're where it is colder and you don't think you need to keep you house at 80, you can store them in the pantry.

Sue C

meowbunny -- I keep my house no warmer than 70 in winter. Right now the windchill is 7 degrees BELOW zero. Anyone care to join me and sample my chocolate covered peanuts? I won't make you stand outside to eat them.

sue

DDD

Sue, you could just drop them into a cold bottle of Coke and gobble them up. Then you wouldn't have to worry about storage! :rofl: DDD