How's everybody doing this week?

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment and see how everyone's faring.

WO, ML, Fran, how're you all doing with emotional eating? Have you found anything that clicks? Do you need additional support? Ideas? Just a hug?

Janna, how's your quest going for the perfect ab workout?

LDM, Nomad, how are you faring with the workouts and WW?

Sorry if I've missed anyone. I have a wicked-bad case of the stupids this morning, and my brain is definitely NOT running on all cylinders.

Things in the Trinity household are going pretty well.

My OB-doctor gave me some medications for the nausea (researched them TO DEATH to ensure that they weren't dangerous in any way. They have a 40-year track record, so I think it's okay), so I've been able to get back to a healthier eating plan. Lots of fruit, lots of protein. I have found a real need to add carbohydrates back into my diet, which I had been limiting quite a bit before. My body just seems to need the fuel, so I'm listening.

Exercise has been reduced to slow-paced walking, and a bit of time on the recumbent bike. I've been feeling sort of delicate lately, and just don't want to push myself. I guess my body is telling me things, and I just need to tune in and pay attention.

On the emotional front, things have been up and down. Now that I'm starting to come to terms with the idea of twins, I've been thinking a lot about the raising of them. Mistakes I've made with myself, with difficult child and with Little easy child, things I've learned, things I want to do differently...all that stuff. LOTS of things to talk over with my therapist. Have an appointment on Thurs, so I will start that ball rolling.

Please check in everyone. Let us know how you're keeping.

Trinity

KTMom91

I'm down 17 pounds since the doctor told me I was pre-diabetic. The thought of having to poke myself with needles several times a day was a great motivator. It's been a little over a week since my gallbladder surgery, and I'm starting to feel better. Still tired, but Hubby snores like a freight train, and I have lots of trouble getting to sleep.

Now that Miss KT is home, I need to concentrate on NOT reviving my emotional eating habit. She seems to thrive on stress, and is a champion at manufacturing it. I know...detach...but where are the cookies?

trinityroyal

KTMom, congratulations on your 17 lb weight loss. That's great progress.
Anything you can do to manage your health so that you don't have to start diabetes medications, needles and that whole regimen sounds like a great idea to me.

And glad to hear that you're starting to feel better after your surgery.

Oh...that difficult child stress factory. It's so hard. Hang in there.

Trinity

Janna

Hi Trinity!

Thanks for asking :)

KT - that is SO AWESOME on your loss!!! 17 lbs is HUGE! You GO, girl! LOL!

Trinity - you are pregnant with twins LOL! You don't have to push yourself!! I'm glad to hear you're listening to your body. That's so important. You can worry about the other stuff when the babies come. You won't have time to eat then, anyway, ha!

I'm doing OK. No, I haven't looked for the ab workouts, I just haven't had time. The last couple of weeks have been insane, and unfortunately, I have taken the focus off myself and had to throw it on B and D.

But, that came to a screeching halt yesterday when I told everyone I'm putting myself first again! Workouts WILL occur daily and NOTHING is to be scheduled until after 10 AM when I have a chance to do for me first.

I did, though, cross over the 60 lb mark, so yeah! That was huge, because now that I've lost such a big amount of weight - it comes off much slower. I started this at a whopping 241, and I was losing 5-8 lbs a week. Now, I'm lucky for a pound LOL (I'm down to 178).

I do notice a difference with the weights and the 3 mile aerobic walk in my body shape, so I don't know that it's really the weight now as much as inches and sculpting.

I went from a size 26W to a 16 (just bought a cute pair of low rise jeans!!). I have some more to lose - obviously. I need to be in a size 10. But, with 4 good months til summer, I have time.

It's an every day struggle. I'm a huge emotional eater too and I'm very stressed lately. I just buy nothing, hahahaha - then I can't gorge.

XOXOXO

Wiped Out

Staff member
Trinity-Thanks for thinking of me. I'm glad you are listening to your body. Good for you on the healthy eating!

Mary-Seventeen pounds is great! Congrats!

Janna-Sixty pounds-fantastic! I'm glad you are putting yourself first!

I haven't been doing too well with the emotional eating. I worked at ww Saturday and weighed in-it wasn't good.

Today, though, I did better than I have been. I totally avoided all snacks in the lounge. I'm going to try and do that more often.

Exercise-last week I made it four days, not doing so well this week. I have a bad cold so I didn't go today. I know I probably would have felt better going but decided I just didn't have the energy.

M

ML

Trin thank you for asking about me. I'm so excited for you expecting twins! Just remember, we all make mistakes. You will probably make different ones this time lol. Perfection is an illusion. Though I think it is AWESOME that you are going into it this time with some lessons learned and a new perspective.

I'm holding my weight. I think that the menopause journey factors into my weight increase, especially around my middle. I'm doing some better with the emotional eating but I need to try harder with the sweets.

Other than that still taking it ODAAT and trying to focus on gratitude.

By the way I'll take that hug. And here's one for the three of you (((((((((((((((((((Trin+2))))))))))))))))))))))

XO ML

wakeupcall

husband started a diet the first week of January.....needless to say, I have to follow about the same diet because I refuse to cook more than one meal. It sure doesn't hurt difficult child to eat less also. difficult child has gained a lot on Abilify. Anyway, husband lost 13 pounds right out of the block, I have lost 5 (that's the most I wanted to lose), difficult child has continued to grow, but being 13 I'm not real concerned yet. All we're doing is counting calories....husband found out it works to write it all down. He and I feel better a little lighter and we're walking a minimum of 18 miles a week. **Pant**, **Pant**.......We'll keep pluggin'....

I'm so proud of all of you! Good luck!

LittleDudesMom

Wakeup - tell your husband congrats from all of us!! And the same to you for reaching your goal!

ML, aren't the sweets a bear - and menapause is no walk in the park either. I'm in peri and I get forgetfull and emotional!!!!

Sharon, keep on plugging friend - getting on the scale is a biggie. Things are hectic for you. Have you started journaling your eating yet? Don't count the points if that's an issue - just start be writing down everything you put in your mouth. That's how I made my new start.

Janna, like you, I don't find the exercise the issue - it's the food!!!!!!

Trinity, listen to your body girl, it won't led you astray! Eating healthy is important for all three of you! Self examination is always a good thing but, don't get in too deep!

I'm journaling what I eat and hitting the gym at least 5 days a week. I feel I am back on track. easy child lost 3 pounds in a week!!!!!! Being sick didn't hurt, but she is majorly motivated now.

Thanks Trin for the post!

Sharon

'Chelle

I haven't posted here much, but been keeping on it. I was diagnosis'd type-2 diabetic Mar/08. Since then I've stuck fairly closely to a healthy diet, joined a TOPS weight loss support group, and have lost about 125 pounds to date (still lots to go, I was VERY overweight). Don't know if anyone is familiar with the TOPS group, but they give out awards and recognition for success, and this year I'll be recognized at the annual convention for 1st place (most weight lost in year) for my weight division for the province. Yep I'm pretty proud of myself right now, and determined to keep at it. What works for me - portion control, learn what is a proper portion, and how many per day I should be eating, and stick to it. I also limit the extras (cookies, chips etc.) to small amounts infrequently - maybe once a week - and work it into my portions for carbs etc. I don't deny myself per se, but have been able to tell myself no - you already had cookies etc. yesterday, you can have that next time.

I still need to start regular exercise - hate to do it, and hard to find time when to do it. BLAH

Keep it up everyone.

trinityroyal

Wow 'Chelle! What a great accomplishment!
I'm so very impressed!

Having watched my husband go through the struggle to lose a substantial amount of weight, I know how hard it can be. You must be so proud of yourself, as well you should be.

I'm glad that you're in a supportive group that provides recognition for goals and milestones. How very wonderful.

As for the exercise, is there something physical that you enjoy doing? Walking? Dancing? Bowling? Anything at all? I've found that the only way I can stick to an exercise program is to make it fun. If it's tedious I just won't do it.

If you need help brainstorming ideas about types of exercises, this group is a great resource.

Great work!
Trinity

N

Nomad

'chelle...
Wow! Congrats!!!! :D This is an inspiration. Please keep us posted.

WO...
Personally, I think four days of exercise is excellent. That is all that is usually needed. Sometimes more than that gets too tiring. You are going to be fine. (Hugs).

To all those who said they cut back on sweets, did better with emotional eating and are fitting a little better in their clothes...Way To Go! Awesome stuff!
Keep up the good work. It's not always easy. And if mistakes are made...just pick up where you left off. It's worth it in the end!!!!!

I'm in a RUSH this morning but want to post a quick update because I know that just having others read it will help me get back on track. For the most part, I've been doing well as far as eating - Partly because I've been so BUSY that I don't have much time to think about it and partly because I've had to plan meals very carefully since husband had his heart attack.

However, I haven't been able to exercise much - I honestly haven't had the time. And, when I finally do get a few minutes to myself, I'm so exhausted that all I want to do is sleep. Physically, I still can't jog/run but I know I'm healthy enough to walk most days. I need to get back on track with exercise. I know it'll make me feel better if I manage to do it. I'm going to see the rheumatologist next week. All of my test results should be back - I'm relieved and a bit frightened all at the same time.

I'll try to come back here when I have a bit more time. For now, just know that I'm thinking about all of you and hoping you're doing well. WFEN

trinityroyal

WFEN, thanks for checking in. You've been in my thoughts and I've been wondering how you're all faring.

Sounds like husband is on the mend. I hope that he's taking good care of himself. Sounds like you're taking good care of him. It's important to also take care of you.

If your body is telling you that you're too tired to exercise right now, then it might be better to use the time to rest or sleep. Be gentle with yourself.

Trinity

JJJ

I'm back again. My sister lost 6 pounds with such ease. It took her 3 weeks. It took me a year to lose 5 and keep it off. I'm setting very small goals this time. I just want to lose 5 pounds in March. Hopefully I can be successful at that :)

I exercised today for the first time in 6 weeks! Only 10 minutes but it is a start...

Last edited: