How's this for a bad day

Woke up too early to take easy child to his SAT test-
Then he called me a short while into the test, he quit the test, $60 down the drain, plus aggravation about the whole thing.
I went to Sam's club, where my ADD kicked in, and I was touching everything and lost my car keys- I left them somewhere.
After searching the whole store numerous times, I went home upset.
husband called the car dealership to get new car keys made and they were $130 which we don't have AT ALL. Something had to be reprogrammed.
husband was in the car place, took off his hat, stretched and knocked over a shelf full of things, mortified.

I have all my discount cards and things on my key ring, plus my keys to everything- I need to go back to bed. Did I mention my family is mad at me?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, poor soul. Doesn't sound like a good day. I know H lost one of keys to our old van - $200 to replace. Nada. I just didn't do it. A week ago I lost my whole set of keys. Fortunately, I drive an old crappy car that I could just make copies from the spare. Nobody locks doors around here so that wasn't a big deal.

Hope it gets better!

Abbey

tiredmommy

Ugg... I hate days like that! Didn't AAA use to have a program where someone could dump a set of found keys in a mailbox and they get mailed back to you?

Now that I think about it, I ought to look into that. :winks:

witzend

UAN, I hate days like that! I had a few weeks like that last month. At least you didn't back up and hit a retired police officer and his lawyer daughter's car in a parking lot! ;)

TM - I wouldn't want to put anything on my keys that identified where I lived. You'd have to re-key the house and the car! Maybe just a cell phone number?

I use a carabiner on my keys and hook them on my purse whenever I take them out of the lock or out of the ignition. That way they're always where I put them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I lost a set of keys to everything back when Aubrey was a yr old.........Never seen em since and we've torn this house upside down multiple times......they''d have turned up by now. We know she was playing with them.......but darned if we can figure out what she did with them.

Ugh. I hate days like that.

((hugs))

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
DL, maybe you should pick up Aubrey and give her a gentle shake. If you listen to her tummy and hear anything jingling---

flutterby

Fly away!
UGH! Horrible day!

I think with the AAA thing, you get a keychain with an ID number on it and address to send it to AAA. Then AAA sends them to you.

I had that through GMAC with a car I had 15 years ago.

JJJ

I lost a set of keys to everything back when Aubrey was a yr old.........Never seen em since and we've torn this house upside down multiple times......they''d have turned up by now. We know she was playing with them.......but darned if we can figure out what she did with them.

Ugh. I hate days like that.

((hugs))

Daisy - Did you look down the vents? That was both Kanga and Eeyore's favorite hiding place.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Gotta love it, you go out and spend at least 20 K on a new car.They give you two "clickers"

They are sealed. Once the batteries die you are dead in the water. You HAVE to go to them to have them setup a new clicker for you.

Given the money you wind up spending on the car, a replacement fee of 25 dollars or so would be reasonable. My car came with two clickers. It is seven years or so but very low mileage.

I refuse to pay for a new clicker until the spare currently on my main keychain simply dies.

Lothlorien

I hope today is a much better day. Those discount cards all have a program that if you drop them in the mail, they will contact you when they get them in the mail. Hopefully, someone at Sams will find them and return them to the front desk. Check back in a day or so. I lost my keys in a friends driveway a ways back. She didn't know who they belonged too, so she called the company (whose card I had just put on that key ring that week). After going crazy looking for my keys all morning, I got a phone call from them, letting me know who had my keys.