how's this??

Jena

Good morning :)

I'm so excited to be here!! (new job) What a great opportunity this is. I can't wait to get started. go go go!!

OH, by the way I have to leave at 3 today, i'll be late tomorrow and if my difficult child's school calls I have to go!

Ok, umm where's my office??

:bigsmile:

oh and yea i'm sick so you may wanna keep your distance!!

Anyone who likes this intro for tmrw am say "me, me, me" and pls raise your hand I'm taking a poll. yes, that's what it's called a poll.

I"m laughing right now, could be the fever who knows. i had to share this. In my mind it was funnier..... hmmm what's that about??

donna723

Yeah, that's good Jennifer! Hit them with it all at once and then they'll get over it! :D

My daughter got a new job a few months ago and she did basically the same thing. She told them upfront when she was interviewing that she would have to be off the week between Christmas and New Years because months ago they had booked and paid for a vacation to Jamaica for that week. That was OK with them. But she let them figure out on their own that she was pregnant! It g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y became apparent but by the time they figured it out, she had ingratiated herself with them!

Last edited:

trinityroyal

LOL, Jen.

That reminds me of an episode of The Simpsons, where Homer is supposed to start a new job. On his first day, he's sleeping in. When Marge asks him about being late, he says, "Don't worry. Someone'll cover for me."

Good luck tomorrow, and hope your cold/fever/etc. gets better soon.

Trinity

KTMom91

Sending some California oranges, packed with Vitamin C, fresh off mother in law's tree, some chicken soup (sorry, no dumplings, but lots of healthy veggies), nice hot cinnamon tea (clears the sinuses), a soft fuzzy blanket, and a difficult child-free recovery period.

Aren't you feeling better now? Have fun tomorrow!

Andy

I am so glad I am not in your shoes right now! No, that is not encouraging, let's try that again.......

You are under too much stress at the moment! No, that doesn't help either, let's try that again.......

It will only hurt for 24 hrs! Well, a little better but not enough, let's try this again........

difficult child is going to have a super night's rest tonight and wake up tomorrow with absolutely no anxiety about this and will put your mind to ease. No, that is too fairytalish, let's try that again.

Go for plan A, talk real fast and when they say, Uh? say that you will repeat it at lunch if you haven't been called to school yet. Yep, that is good advise!

Stay strong Jen. Show confidence. When you do break the news, do so with the confidence that you know this will not effect your job abilities.