Hubby's unemployment extension was denied...

KTMom91

...and he finishes school Jan. 24. Asking for good thoughts, prayers, etc. that he can quickly get it reinstated and that a job opens up ASAP.

Otherwise, we're...well...you know.

DDD

Sending my warmest best wishes and thoughts your way. I"d do that "naked chicken dance" but I think others are better at it than I am. :) DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
We are thinking of you. My husband was lucky enough last semester to get a one semester teaching assistanceship and now has to go back to unemployment. He is now 52 and the jobs here are not willing to even interview him. I am amazed that he is not having to take huge doses of antidepressants. He takes a small dose, but it is about the lowest possible. He amazes me as he has an amazingly positive attitude.

I hope and pray your husband gets a job ASAP or sooner. Has he been to the placement services at his school yet?

Is there a way you can appeal the decision? Sending good thoughts your way that things turn around quickly for you and husband. (((hugs))))

DammitJanet

Oh gosh...that just well bites.

What is he going to school for? Any chance he can start as an apprentice now and finish school so soon? Or be a tutor for the beginning students?

I thought the extensions were pretty much a shoe in myself.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG Mary! Prayers being said for husband.

Oh man oh man this makes me really nervous over husband's unemployment.........we're still waiting and praying.

(((hugs)))

KTMom91

He's going to appeal, and he's also putting even more apps in, but then we have the waiting...I just hate to think that his training might be wasted, if he has to quit now. Plus, EDD is paying for the training and guaranteed his unemployment would continue until he finished the training, AND he had to sign a contract saying he would complete the training or forfeit future assistance. And then they deny the extension he needs to finish the training they're sending him to...

It's yet another example of one government agency not knowing what's happening in the other half of the building.

TerryJ2

Oooo, that sounds like a Catch-22. I am so sorry.
Many hugs. Sounds like he's doing all the right things at the moment.