Huge compliement

crazymama30

So the last time I worked we had a wound clinic with a plastic surgeon who does lots of cosmetic surgeries as well as dealing with complex wounds--lots of paraplegics, quads, diabetics and people who have big bad wounds.

He is a very particular exact person--wouldn't you want your surgeon to be this way? He can be a pain to work with, and many of the RN's do not like him because of this.

He is starting some type of small facility for people recovering from cosmetic surgery. These patients would usually be recovering at home or at a motel but really would like more care but do not want nor need to be in the hospital. He asked me if I would like to work 1 night a week for him once it gets going.

I told him I would think about it, but after thinking I think I will have to turn him down. I don't know if I can go back to working nights after all the events with husband and psychiatric hospital. It has made me re evaluate my priorities, and it is so hard on husband and the kids when I am gone at night.

When I asked him if I could think about it he said yes, and that he had someone else in mind if I could not do it.

It really is a huge compliment that he thought of me first. The guy has trained all over the world, done research with NASA, and does lectures all over the country. I really wish I felt I could do it, goodness knows we need the money, but my family has been through so much and husband's anxiety tends to get worse in the evening and even more so if I am not home. husband is doing so much better, but I am a little gun shy still. It will probably take awhile for me to get over that.