Huh OHhhhh....

klmno

I just checked the mail and there is a card saying I have a certified letter waiting for me at the post office. There is no indication (zip code listed or anything) of who this letter is from. It's not the darn photos I tried to send difficult child twice- I got them back today too but they went sent back regular mail and noted by Department of Juvenile Justice as "being too many photos".

The only thing I know of that could be outstanding is the show-cause order that the GAL filed against me in March, but I have never had a court hearing summons mailed to me. They have always been taped to the front door by a deputy or someone. This will drive me nuts until Monday - I have no idea what it could be- does anyone know who typically sends out certified letters?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Bill collectors will.

And I'm probably awful, but if I don't know who they're from......I don't bother to pick them up. I figure if they really want to get in touch with me, they'll send it again. Of course this comes from no money to pay it anyway. lol

I've only had one court summons send certified mail. And you guessed it, it was a bill collector. And no, he didn't get his money. The judge dimissed it on inability to pay.

Hugs

klmno

Well, I've had a couple of bills be paid late but only less than a week late and none have gone unpaid. Will they do it for that?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Naw. Honey you gotta be real late for a certified letter. :)

Maybe someone is sending you money? Wouldn't that be a hoot?

KTMom91

I would think bill collectors too. But mine don't send things certified...they serve me personally, at my front door. They definitely know how to get my attention...

klmno

Geez, I hate waiting to find out stuff like this. I don't know anyone that has any money to send me so that can't be it. LOL! I don't think it would be anything personal- most people would just call, right?

mom_to_3

When our difficult child was younger and in state care, we did get official / certified letters every time there was a hearing either in court or at their offices. I suspect that is what you have.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Bill collectors, IRS (a/k/a REALLY big bill collector!), Medical notice, or someone stupid enough to send something insignificant certified registered receipt.

Andy

Is there by any chance a tracking number on that card? Can you go to www.usps.com, enter that number and see what pops up? The number may be a very long one along the side of the card.

If it is money, will you share?

klmno

Ok, I just followed Andy's suggestion and found the zip code it was mailed from. It's from around here and the area suggests it could be the secretary from work, the psychiatrist from the psychiatric hospital (he had sent me a separate bill one time and I didn't pay it- I was going to wait for the next one because I lost the first one, then tell them to bill medicaid). It could be one of difficult child's therapist's that he had last summer, although I can't imagine why he'd send something. Whoever it was, they are requiring a return receipt. It was not maile from our actual local jurisdiction so it shouldn't be dss or Department of Juvenile Justice. Department of Juvenile Justice has mailed me several things anyway and it's always been regular mail. The person from dss that was in charge after gal had them put on stand-by before always just called.