Humbug!!!!!

pasajes4

difficult child back in phospital. Would I be a grinch if I said I don't want him home for Christmas? He was doing really well until the "friend" from hell moved back into the neighborhood. The police had to do a emergency detention due erratic and dangerous behavior. If they send him home the way he is right now, I will not be able to see my grands or any of my family. Just a vent. Thanks for listening

buddy

Sounds perfectly reasonable to not want the Christmas from hell! If he is unwell, he needs to be there and you deserve a nice holiday. Not a grinch at all, sounds like you are healthy and normal.

sorry all that happened though. Really sorry.

TerryJ2

Absolutely! I'm sending peace and quiet for you, and a productive, restful hospital stay for your difficult child. Fingers crossed.

JJJ

Christmas is just days away, I really hope that they don't push him out "because it's Christmas". Be firm and tell them that you don't feel he is stable and that it would be unsafe for him to come home before he is stable.

(((HUGS)))

B

Bunny

I don't think you're being a grinch. I think you're being realistic. If the hospital wants to send him hom because it's Christmas tell them that you don't think that's in anyone's best interest, especially your son's.

I hope you get your Christmas wish!

susiestar

Roll With It
You are perfectly reasonable and rational to not want him home for xmas. Tell them that you are afraid that the stress of Christmas will push him to do something dangerous and you are afraid to have him home for the holiday. Christmas is an incredibly stressful time, and not always in a good way, and the suicide rate goes up substantially. I am NOT saying he is suicidal, but you can say that you are afraid of what he will do because there is no way for the holiday to meet expectations and he is already not in a good place.

I hope you have a good xmas with-o difficult child conflama!