hungry jack carton

DammitJanet

Im sure most of you guys have seen that little carton of Hungry Jack freeze dried hash browns sitting in the dairy/egg isle with its coupons on it sadly waving at you. Buy me it seems to be saying.

It looks like some kind of foreign space age food. If you actually pick up a carton and shake it, it is so lightweight you cannot imagine it will do what it says it will do, which is fill up a pan to feed a family of 6. Just no way in hell you think. Besides, nothing that sounds so lightweight could possibly be good right?

Well, last week, they had a deal on them where if I bought a container of eggs I got two cartons of these things free. So it was no money out of my pocket to try them and OMG! They are wonderful...lol. I will never be without them in my pantry again. You should really try them. Not only are they great for in the house cooking but they would be great for cooking at campsites. I can see endless possibilities here,

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Thanks for the idea... I love hash browns but, as they require frying, I'm a dismal failure at them...