Hurricane

kim75062

We are so far away. We have made monetary donations to Red Cross and will do so for Irma (sigh) too.

I have nothing nice to say about the Red Cross after this entire ordeal with them. I can say that cash really is the best donation to any charity though, it leaves your donation unrestricted so it can be used on whatever is needed as it's needed. At this time people should be able to start buying supplies on their own now (if they have the funds). The roads are mostly open, the water levels have gone down for the most part. The oil rigs are almost all up and running again and fuel is on its way to replenish the stations. And amazon said they are starting to deliver to select areas down there again. It's very slow progress but it's still progress! There's thousands of volunteers down there doing all they can to help get these people hot meals and back in their homes. The compassion and sense of community down there is amazing right now :)

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Like the starfish stranded on the beach being thrown back in one at a time. So many stranded what does it matter. It matters to that one.

Keep faith in your heart you are doing amazing work. Wish I was close enough to help.

kim75062

Ive been obsessively watching Irma as well. I drove across the state and drained my bank account to help complete strangers, theres no way I can sit back and do nothing for Florida when I have family and friends there. Its gonna be a LONG week............

kim75062

It's just awful. The West Coast is burning while Texas and the Southeast are flooding.

I know! I was thinking how can we get all this water we dont want over to where they need it! Theres really no way, the water here is full of diseases so its just a bad plan but I wish there was a way to do something to even this out.

Theres monster storms, fires out west, a loose tiger was found on I75 yesterday and now massive earth quakes off of Mexico! If i didn't know any better Id bet someone found the real Jumanji game ( im still not discounting this theory).

kim75062

We're headed down with supplies Friday. I found a rural town of about 1200 that's gotten no help really. There in desperate need of everything and a lot are living in tents in their yards.