husband + anesthetic = a very entertaining morning!

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband went in to have his knee worked on this morning. He's got arthritis in it and they did an arthoscope (sp???) to clean it out. For the entire 16 1/2 years we've been together, he has never been knocked out so I wasn't sure how he would react when he came to.

Hee hee hee hee hee.

He swears he was alert and coherent and he did fine but he was still pretty stoned. And apparently a stoned husband is a very ornery husband. :rofl:

He behaved himself for the nurses but when it was just me? His hands tried to go anywhere they could if I got close enough, his eyebrows were waggling and he had the goofiest grin. They gave him a spinal so that was also amusing as he realized he couldn't feel anything and then eventually when the feeling started coming back. Of course he was particularly excited when he realized he could finally feel ... um... his dangly bits. That seemed to have been a major accomplishment for him and he was quite proud. :rofl:

He's now in bed with his leg propped, ice pack on, Vicodin on board and napping. At least now I know what to expect in the future! :slap:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Versed did this to husband, only he was just "not well behaved" with anything female. Stoned to the gills and trying to pat any fanny he could reach, LOL.

I always wondered if there was a note in his file advising that he turned into a lech under the influence of Versed (potent benzo used in surgical preps and the like)

DammitJanet

How hilarious!

I feel gypped though, I never got a spinal with mine. Just versed and then I suppose something a bit stronger to keep me under a bit longer.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think I would keep this little tid-bit of information all to my self. THAT way when he's older? If things didn't work? I'd be shuffling him off for all kinds of surgery. :surprise:

----Looks like that's broke....BETTER GET SURGERY......:devil2:

Hope he's up and feeling better in no time.

-----WHY TRINITY!!!!! :laugh:

mstang67chic

Going Green
I think I'm going to smack the man.

They told him he CAN put 100% weight on the leg. He CAN not he HAS to. He just limped and hobbled his way to the bathroom and back. Slowly. With lots of sound affects.

When I reminded him he CAN use the crutches, he said that he doesn't want to be a wussy about it (or a word similar to that) and he wants to get back on his feet as soon as possible.

:slap:

trinityroyal

Sigh. Tell him that if he wants to get on his feet as soon as possible, he'd best use the crutches so that he doesn't re-injure his knee while it's healing.

Unless, of course, you'd like him to have more sedation and the...um...side effects? (dashing back to my corner now)