husband going for MRI tomorrow...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
on his lovely brain. :tongue:

I am hopeful that the teeny little rice-sized cavernoma is still rice-sized and not leaking and not the reason for his continued seizure activity this summer. They've gotten a bit better since we upped his Trileptal, but they're not completely gone.

He had a larger grape-sized one removed about 18 months ago because it had grown dramatically over a relatively short period. (Think of it as a sort of leaky hemangioma (those little red moles some people get) inside your brain -- not the best place for one).

We probably won't get the results from the neuro until later in the week, but I'll let you know as soon as we find out.

KTMom91

Saying prayers, rattling beads, and dancing...but no chicken livers or I'll have the toy panthers going crazy!

What time is his appointment?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks Mary :D He checks in at 12:45 and I think they're supposed to get things rolling by 1pm. Shouldn't take long.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks so much, everyone! I think he's a little anxious about it because he kept asking last week if I was going with him... weird for him, but kinda sweet.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well we got his follow-up appointment. scheduled -- they can't get him in until the 27th :mad: I hate that this neuro books so far in advance. Oh well.

At least our insurance is back online so I won't have to sweat about the costs of things like this!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry I'm so late on this. Sending postive thoughts & white light for good results on husband's MRI.

You guys need a break.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Do you have to wait until the 27th to find out the results of the MRI? Were there any hints yesterday???

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Coming in late - but sending my best thoughts that they see nothing.....er I mean - nothing bad...! :D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Suz, those imaging techs NEVER reveal anything -- liability issues, whatever. And I was in the waiting room 'cuz we had difficult child 2 with us, so I couldn't charm the tech into telling me what he/she thought, look over their shoulder, etc. Besides, if it was still rice-sized, I doubt I'd even be able to see it. I couldn't see it on husband's post-op MRI which we got a copy of, either.

Like I said, I'm sure the neuro will call immediately if there's any sense of urgency over the matter. Worst case, it's grown and we'd have to consider another surgery (gulp). But we have lots of time to make a decision even if that were the case (and I'm really hoping it's not). It's not like an aneurysm that could blow at any minute. These things a notoriously slow leakers. Some do nothing for years and years and years. And husband has been very careful to not take ANY medications, OTC or otherwise, that could potentially raise his BiPolar (BP) or thin his blood and contribute to a bleed.

It's just another hurry-up-and-wait thing...

Star, it would not surprise me if they came out and said "We're so sorry Mrs. Gvc, but it appears your husband's brain has dissolved and dribbled out the far end." :hammer: Would 'splain a lot, Lucy...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Late as usual... hoping also that they find nuthin'. Well except that his brain has gown smarter!