~~~husband got a job~~~

Kathy813

Staff member
I wanted to share the good news with my PE buddies. As many of you know, husband was laid off unexpectedly on his 55th birthday 2 months ago.

He interviewed with a company in Birmingham over a week ago and it went great. I didn't want to post and jinx it but he went back today and got the official offer and will start May 1st. He will still get to work out of our house in Atlanta with about 50% travel. I told him we would use his frequent flyer miles to start taking vacations now that the kids are grown.

It is more money and doing what he likes to do.

Break out the champagne! :smile: :princess: :smile:

I'm off to the mall . . .

~Kathy

DDD

:smile:I hope it's OK to celebrate with Cutty! :smile:
I've been looking for the right occasion this evening and you just provided it! Way To Go, husband. Now, my friend, you can exhale...at
least for awhile! DDD

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Great news. Nice to know even at 55 you can find employment... Hope you found some good "buys" at the mall!</span>

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: It's great news. You both have been through some tough times with the job market. It must be a great relief. Congratulations

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo: :smile:

Wonderful News!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure this is a worry off your mind.

We're still waiting to see if someone is going to be willing to hire a (EEK) 59 yr old. husband has been officially unemployed since Sept, although has found a couple of temp jobs. The pay is awful though.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </span>

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I'm breaking out the wine, Kathy. That's so wonderful!!! I hope your husband loves it!....and yay about the frequent flier miles---maybe you'll come up one of these days and we can really share the couch watching DWTS!

I'm doing the happy dance!!!

Suz :princess:

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #660000"> what fabulous news, kathi!!

congratulations to husband.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

ScentofCedar

That IS wonderful news, Kathy!

......................... :bravo:

I thought that was so funny when you posted that you were off to the mall. :smile:

Barbara

:flower: