husband is Wavering...

LittleDudesMom

DF,

I have nothing to add that has not already been said. Naturally it's would be "easier" (as if the out of home placement were easy) if husband were on the same page. But you know, difficult children are polarizing. It's one of the big stresses on our marriages.

I hope that husband is able to face the reality of what his daughter really, really needs in order to give her a fighting change. Hugs.

Sharon

Susie, I have to thank you for the suggestion of the ex-lax cookies and prune juice smoothie. That is one of the best suggestions I have heard in a long time. And so easy! I owe you one for the huge belly-laugh I got when reading that part of your post.

Jo

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to you...this really hit home with me, and the many arguments my husband and I have had...and him making me feel guilty for even considering something like this.

((HUGS))

I hope that he comes around, for everyone's sake.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well--

Wed morning I had hopes that husband woud be "resolved" - but then when he called from work he told me that he'd been thinking about it and difficult child seemed to be doing better lately....and things are better at home.

I about lost it "What are you saying?!?!?!?????" I started yelling that if he went into that meeting and told them everything was fine they would say good - great to hear it - and that would be IT!

husband, at that point, kind of had an argument with himself: well, it seems like she's doing better, doesn't it? - well, except for the other night...and that internet thing...and I know she's still not....

We didn't really resolve anything, but husband had to get back to work. And then later, he didn't even want to talk it out...

Yesterday, I was still really upset - so basically, I told him that I had every intention of asking for maximum services and I needed him to either support me or stay home. This was hard enough with him making it seem like I was exaggerating or "scheming" or "breaking up the family".

husband agreed. He agreed that Residential Treatment Center (RTC) is not only necessary but best. He agreed to emphasize to everyone that we have tried all we can - and there is nothing more we can do outpatient. He apologized for making me feel bad. He agreed that this is hard for all of us.

So our TSP meeting is this morning. I am trying to make sure we have our ducks in a row. husband and I have agreed to support each other no matter what and each is going to make sure the other does not waver.

Wish us luck!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OH, DF - I pam praying so hard... difficult child needs help... And husband just isn't getting it (on a regular basis, anyway)... Good luck sweetheart!!!