husband lost his job

MrsMcNear50

ML-

I was laid off for 19 months and just went back to work in Jan. It was a difficult time, but so much good came out of the situation.

My faith is stronger than it has ever been. I literally said out loud, many times a day, "I will not step off the Rock". It kept my focus on knowing I would always be taken care of, that it would be ok. The lessons I learned in humility have changed my persective in many ways, and I pray daily that I continue to be humbled. I also learned so much about not trying to control the situation and patience. I did my part and let God do the rest. His time, His will.

My new job is WONDERFUL. I am working with an amazing group of people. Even though I'm making less than I did on unemployment, I am happy. Patience and faith always reep rewards.

I will pray for your family. Keep the faith.

Blessings,

Julie

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm so sorry ML. been there done that, living it.

If you happen to find your way up to WI, I'm desperately hiring.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of you and your family as you deal with this situation........... sending hopeful thoughts ...................

M

ML

I hope husband can find a job he likes. He really hated his job. His adhd and depression were not a good fit in that environment. It was county government and he was not aligned politically. I would always tell him he could play the game a little better but he was stubborn and insisted on always telling it like it was. He has a hearing today because we feel he was set up and proper protocol was not followed. We expect to lose and tomorrow we will apply for unemployment. He is a 52 year old man who was fired because they had piled too much on his plate and he kept asking for help and they kept promising it. He got fired instead. Now he is a 52 year old unemployed man with adhd and depression in an unkind job market. Our faith is being tested bigtime. We keep telling each other this is a blessing in disguise and that's our story. I know many of you are in the same situation. We can be here for each other. Love, ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so sorry.
K said to us with us with the last move, "Are we going to be homeless?"
We have not told the kids that we are moving yet again... and we have no idea what we are doing and have not been paid in a few months either and can not receive unemployment because husband owns the company...

Things are so bad for so many. husband sat one night and broke down he said to me, "It is my job to take care of you, I am failing at that..." I started crying.
The economy is breaking so many peoples souls and spirits. I hate it.

I really like the advice the others have given you, we are in a different situation so I can't really offer much besides laughter at the ridiculous as much as possible!
husband gets to go on the kids field trips more now! He just left on one a few minutes ago. :)
Hang in there I hope there is something better for your husband