husband "out-grew" his suit and sportcoat...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
In typical difficult child-fashion, husband did not try on the outfit he was going to wear BEFORE the interview this past Tuesday. He simply assumed everything would fit. Didn't occur to him that his old suit and sportcoat are about 5 years old and several pounds have been added since then. He got dressed, buttoned up his shirt most of the way and loosely knotted his tie, thinking he would finish up the job once he got to the interview and wanted to be comfortable during the hour-long drive to get there.

Well, he discovered the hard way that not only did the shirt not fit (couldn't get it buttoned all the way up), but neither did the sportcoat he'd brought with him (too tight across the back). :hammer:

He managed as best he could and hoped the cinched up tie would hide the top button that was undone on his shirt, and only wore the coat briefly.

Sooooo, today I am taking him out to get a new sport coat at the very least, possibly a suit as well since he has another interview with the VP of HR at the company TOMORROW. Hopefully we will find something that fits off the rack since there is no time for alterations at this point.

I swear I don't know what he'd do if he was still single. :laugh:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Shari, you are so right. :rofl:

Okay, so I'm hiding the booze from TM this time around...and will pace tomorrow until we get the word.

Suz :wine:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Too funny, Shari!

Well, we found a nice gray herringbone tweed sportcoat that will go with either of his dark slacks. If he gets the job, we'll go back and add a few more items or see about getting his old suit altered if there's enough room in the seams to let it out. We took the old sportcoat with us, but there didn't appear to be enough room to solve his problem. So we'll just hang onto it and hope that he'll drop some weight eventually.

One more interview to go...