husband Paid "Tree Choppers"...I'm Not Happy

DDD

We live in Florida and have quite a few trees in our yard. I goofed! Two weeks ago a neighbor had tree trimmers shape her oaks and prune her palms. I asked her (as I drove by on my an estimate for "shaping" the two old oaks in the front yard...they really are WAY too full and could topple during a hurricane.

:mad: husband was home yesterday and the trimmers came by. He had them shape one oak Huh? Why not both oaks? Had them remove three small trees in the backyard because they were "too close to the house". OK, I can live with that...BUT he had them remove a full citrus tree that innocently lived between our MBR window and the side driveway extension where we park the extra car or truck. There is nothing but air between my window and the side of the next door neighbors house.

This is nothing but a whine. I really do have more serious issues and so do you all. on the other hand I am so chapped off. I BBQ between that citrus tree and the side of the house. I watched the squirrels jump and play in that tree for a decade. I do NOT want to look at the side of a car or truck.
It provided shade in the summer and blocked flying debris during 'canes. Sniff'. I miss my tree and my husband actually realized what he did after it was done and apologized. Unusual and heartfelt.

I'm going hunting for bushes, fences or trees this weekend. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Buy another citrus and put it there! They grow fairly fast (especially if they get lots of water and fertilizer!)

My husband gets a bee in his bonnet sometimes and decides to "trim" the trees in our backyard. There are two California pepper trees and a Chinese elm that need thinning and he has no clue how to do it right. He just hacks and it looks horrible. At least it's in the back of the property so no one sees them (but us). I keep meaning to hire an arborist to come do it right, but I never seem to have the money when it needs to be done (like now, before nesting season starts).

And although I used to do some of it, the pole trimmer kills my neck and the trees have gotten too big for me to do it now. :(

At least your husband realized the huge OOPS he'd done and apologized. Maybe he'll find some creative way to make it up to you...

cadydid

Sometimes they just don't get it but we love them anyway;) It's good that he recognized it and apologized.

Is he going with you shopping this weekend?

TerryJ2

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I am so sorry.
I feel for you.
You know, you can find perfectly good shrubs and trees at WalMart and Home Depot. The only problem is, they're often mislabled, so if you don't mind getting a pink azalea instead of a white one, or a lemon instead of a lime tree, you'll be okay. :)

Have fun shopping.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
At lease he apologized.

Hugs for your tree missing heart. When you live in chaos, sometimes you need those "rocks" (or, in this case, trees).

DDD

I went on the net this afternoon and evidently trees don't cost anywhere near as much money as I feared. Now the question is "citrus" or "shade"?
:D Guess it's time to learn something new! DDD