husband relasped

everywoman

I am an emotional mess. I am angry and scared and hurt. My heart is broken. Not sure where to go from here.:sad-very: He is going inpatient tomorrow to detox. I felt he was using, but there is little you can do without proof. difficult child is handling it well. PCdaughter is a lot like me. She holds it in, needs time to herself. I have too much to focus on to fall apart. In bad need of support here.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry. I hope the detox helps. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and wish I could do something to help. Saying prayers and sending gentle hugs.

M

ML

((((EW))) I am so sorry. I live in fear of this happening to husband daily. Alanon is the only thing that has helped my sanity.

I am here for you, and understand as perhaps few others can. It's very good that he is going to detox. We don't even have detox centers out here in Colorado anymore that you don't have to pay megabucks for, insurance doesn't cover them.

If you need a voice, pm me and I will send you my phone number.

I'm saying a prayer for husband, you and your family. One Day at a Time. This is a nasty illness and it takes many hostages.

Love and hugs,

ML

everywoman

Thanks friends. I can't talk about in town. It would jeopardize his job if they knew. I am really wondering if I can live with him after this. I have been a good wife. I have never broken a promise or lied to him about anything of significance. Yes, it is good he is willing to go---but...I can't look at him or talk to him right now. I need some time to clear my head and that won't happen right now.

crazymama30

Hugs, and I am sorry this is happening. If you do not have to make any decisions now, don't. I am sorry he relapsed, and hope that rehab sticks this time.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so very sorry.
Such a hard situation you are in. Whatever you decide to do, please know we are here for you.
Will be thinking about you. I do hope this helps him, for the last time.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sorry this has happened...... know that we are thinking of you and sending strength to get you through this tough time........ you are in my thoughts and prayers.........

PLEASE pm me if you need to talk. Like ML I may be able to help you in a way others cannot, but from husband's point of view. Many prayers for him and for you & the family.

jal

I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts. This is a time for you to reflect on what you need and what you can or are willing to do. I say this from a daughter's point of view in watching/supporting my mother go thru it with-my Dad. My Dad is 7 years sober. The biggest and most intregal part of his recovery is having a sponsor. He slipped at around 6 months sober and husband and I caught him red handed while my mother was out of town for business. He did not use a sponser at that time, which meant he wasn't truly working the program. I MADE him contact somone who had offered to be his sponsor. (I was pregnant with-difficult child - I had leverage - and he and I are very close). He did. I really think it made a world of difference for him. His sponsor and his wife (who is not in the program) are to this day very good friends of my parents. I hope that your husband does well this time and that you do not have to experience this heartbreak again.

TerryJ2

Ohh, I am so sorry.
What a blow.
I understand your questioning the relationship.
So, what time does he go in today?
Are you dropping him off?