husband started medications

Jena

sooo the man is trying............ he's trying to stay awake on his days off. we've compromised monday's is mostly his i pass out everywhere day and i handle brunt of kids, dinner.

wednesday is his he does and has to stay awake day, i leave him a very small list of junk to do when here, also he cooks and cleans up and i go riding on this day.

we had a showdown a bit ago, whereas i told him listen clearly you are depressed, you have been blowing up a bit here and there the tools your learning in therapy arent' working. he's been going since we left for portland i told him it's time. so anyway i told him it's ssri time. it'll calm your nerves, lift the depression, calm the anger etc.

so he began yesterday. also the nights i want to sleep or rather have to we've formulated a slight plan on how to do it, i downloaded meditation music in my ipod and he gets that he has to be a grown up about it.

it'll take time to see real change till the medication kicks in. i think he just needs it temporarily while he handles his own therapy he's been working thru alot of old issues. yet he's trying, im trying and we'll see how it goes.

still waiting for him to return from therapy get the dead bird outta our basement the cats hunted down grose............, put tv in entertainment ctr i got on craigslist, and drop our broken vacuum off to be fixed.

we're still hitting bumps on his days off he wakes up nasty, he's tired, body hurts yet he can't seem to wake up pleasant. so i've come to conclusion i need to just simply ignore him till hes' nice.

update on as the stomach turns part 100 :)

H

HaoZi

I :faint: when I saw the title. The man finally sees the light! Some people are just not morning people. Me? Don't talk to me before coffee. You're not talking to me at that point, you're talking to a cave bear.

Jena

i'm a really good morning person lol........... as long as iv'e gotten at least 7 hours! which here i hardly ever do! you saw the title and said thank god it's medicated?? LOL. we'll c keeping fingers crossed he rides thru the side effects.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am one hwo does NOT wake up "nice" in the morning. My family got together and confronted me a few years ago. They BEGGED me to stop getting up in the morning to get the kdis ready for school. The kids do their own thing in the morning so long as they get to school. They do NOT want to see or speak to me. I ask periodically if they still want that and always get a loud and firm YES. Back then thank you was a little guy and Wiz and Jess did whatever needed to be done to help him so that I wouldn't get up. I have always been a bear int he am, esp if I didn't get much sleep. As I have chronic insomnia I don't get to sleep at a "normal" time so it makes the morning even worse.

Lots of hugs. I hope things smooth out once the medications are working. I periodically have to send husband back to the doctor for medications. He tends to listen or we would have split years ago.

DDD

I'm also not a morning person. I require more sleep than most people and I struggle to be nice when I have to start the day surrounded by people. Of course I faked pleasant mornings raising all the kids, almost killed me when difficult child lived with us for seven years and the school bus came to our street at 7 AM...ugh!

Lol, I used to be an evening person. Now?? I only have a couple of hours of prime time! DDD

Jena

let's just drug him!!! LOL........ :)

sorry that was funny....... i'm taking some of Shari's advice from her thread. he was nasty tonight getting dinner out. yet he made something special for difficult child. so i ignored the nastiness zero attention and said wow how great you made that for her. it seemed to work. we'll see till the next time he gets nasty.

difficult child men! UGH!

Susie you have told me that story many times and i laugh when i hear it each time..... i'm glad your husband listens......

DDD - a few hours?? oh no that's not good lol.

Terry yup it's a start...... a little tiny start. I'll take it!

DammitJanet

Jena.... Im confused. I thought you were so against medication for you guys. Or is it that you are only against you and difficult child?

Jena

Janet

I hate medications, as do many people. i hate the side effects, the wondering what will happen, will this medication work.......... you know how it goes all too well.

i'm a constant contradiction....... lol..... yet i do realize that they are needed, in alot of cases to change the chemicals in the brain. a simple ssri like easy child was on and now husband is great. especially when it works as it should. ssri's dont' scare me. it's all the difficult child medications that do the rash difficult child got the other day. i didnt' panic i just dealt. it's hard as you know.

its kinda like going to the dentist for me i hate to do it yet know i gotta....... make sense?? husband needed something. we've been talking about his own past alot as of late. i'm sure he's addressing it in therapy. stories from childhood etc. he's not falling apart over it yet i think it's something he's never investigated and it's making alot of the puzzle pieces fit together slowly.

like his dad how he functions.. did you read my easter thread?? also he's anti'ing up how dad was a pure rager when husband was a kid. how it made him feel etc. so his little tiny meltdowns which are nothing compared to his dad are an example at least to me and hopefully in time to him it'sa learned behavior. he lived in it his entire life. grew up that way.

soo yea i'm against them yet realize that their needed in alot of cases. difficult child isjust so hard. we've been struggling for years as many other parents and becaues my little person has so many different diagnosis's and issues it's very hard to medicate her.

are you feeling better? i was thikning of you last night after i couldn't walk due to riding that horse lol. choice i made, glad i made it yet i'll def. pay the price........ :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hey Jena, they say that SSRI's diminish one's libido...maybe you won't have to fight about him letting you sleep at night anymore! Another plus!!! LOL

Jena

sooo funny......... lol i thought the same........ yet my boy's still going strong!! LOL. only thing so far is a headache hes' had for two days. my main thing is for him to just calm down, relax, breath....... do his therapy work, be happy while doing it. appreciate life again. be optomistic. he was always cup half full guy and now he's opposite and i have to be all go team. we'll c how it all shakes out!