husband update II

crazymama30

So he made it to his appointment today. S and N (very close friends) came over and drove him there. husband was seriously ticked that I called them, we all told him that we did it because we love him, and that seemed to get through to him. husband is much more level now, 5 or 6 days at double the dose of Tegretol did the trick, so now we are taking the Tegretol dose back to normal and restarting the adderall on Sunday at the 20mg dose. husband now knows what happens when you take too much, while it was a horrible way to learn I think he got the point.

psychiatrist said in front of husband (part of the visit I was in the waiting room and then psychiatrist called me back in with them) that I deserved a medal and that husband should do something nice for me. While that would be nice, a simple thank you would be good but I don't think I will get that anytime soon. He may get it eventually, but he has to clear up more first. psychiatrist is also having a neuropsychologist done--I did not know we had a neuropsychologist in town! Good to know. husband is worried about his memory, and I think the evaluation may give husband more info than he wants, but he may need it. I hope our insurance covers it.

I am fried. I feel like I have been through a war. I already took a nap, and am still tired. I am not going back to work untill Monday, so will try to get some rest and recharge tommorrow and Friday--hard to recharge on weekends when everyone is around. I am still shaking, it just wont stop. I see my therapist tommorrow, and that will help too.

Thank you all for your support, I think my husband is more of a difficult child than difficult child! I feel bad posting all the time about husband, but difficult child is really doing ok for difficult child. He has moments, but is ok. (warding off board curse)

I am sorry I have not been posting much for others, I just have not had the energy.​

KTMom91

Glad he made his appointment, and that things are evening out for him. Hope you get the rest and peaceful quiet you need. Many hugs.

crazymama30

One thing that was funny, on the way home husband kept saying, what a great way to wake up, to an intervention. I had an intervention. lol. Yep honey, you did.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Please don't be sorry! We all need to be heard. My husband is more difficult child than our difficult child kids. It helps me when you post about your husband's struggles with the disease, I don't feel so alone.
God bless!

TerryJ2

Crazymama, I'm so glad he made it to the appointment and that the psychiatrist gave you kudos.
I hope at some point husband realizes what you've done for him.
In the meantime, you'll have to get your appreciation elsewhere. (like, here on this board!)
Hugs.

crazymama30

threeshadows, if you ever need to vent feel free to pm me. I have no problem listening/reading or however you put. I just talked to husband, he had to go work out, and he sounds more like himself, and not upset or not as upset. It is so hard to love someone with this disease, you have to love them and not the disease, and that can be so hard to separate.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm constantly amazed by your courage, strength and humor lady, but mostly by your love.

You're a very unique individual. What a lucky person I am to have the pleasure of knowing you. ~ Thanks.