Husbands and the stupid little things they do that drive us INSANE!

mstang67chic

Going Green
When it comes to a husband, I consider myself pretty lucky. husband is a really good guy....kind hearted, makes me laugh, loves animals, and does his best to take care of his family.

And then there are times where I just want to smack him upside the head and ask where his brain went. More times than not, it's over stupid stuff too.

I don't have a full set of MATCHING sheets anymore. Partly because I don't think to stock up. But mostly because of husband's TOES!!! OMG...that man's toenails are like freaking dinasour claws!!! He has worn through at least THREE top sheets AND a bottom sheet. It's horrible!

I got home this weekend and went to straighten the bed covers. I knew the top sheet was getting worn (again) and when I looked at it, there is a big HOLE. I do mean big.....at least the size around of a dessert plate.

I have been asking and asking and telling and telling husband to go get a pedicure. I can't keep replacing sheets like this! Everytime I have this conversation with him...EVERY TIME....he's surprised that it's his toes doing it. He says that he clips his nails and can't understand how this happens. Um...well....yes, he does clip them but not short enough and he doesn't always clip them well. These things are so thick he has actually broken toe nail clippers!!!

I stripped the bed to wash the sheets today and had enough. I didn't yell but I made it very clear to husband that he needed to get a pedicure NOW. Ok, he says. I'll call down to the beauty college. A few minutes later, he asks me how to spell pedicure.

What???

Seems he's texting the girl he usually deals with to ask if he can get in today.

A few more minutes go by.....no response from this girl.

Um..."sweetie"? Don't you think it might be more effective and QUICKER to just.....oh I don't know.......CALL down there????

:slap:

He's going at 2. I'll be heading to Walmart to find some reasonably priced sheets. (That's another reason I don't buy a lot of sheets. I've become a sheet snob and refuse to buy anything less than 300 thread count. I MIGHT do 250 but they have to feel right.)

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: Yeah, my husband has toe nails of steel, too. Maybe you just need to get a twin size topsheet for YOUR side of the bed and one for his, and he can just deal with whatever happens. And why stop at 300 count for your side? Get the best you can afford and ENJOY since he won't be snagging them on his feet anymoe. :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How about a nice brand new man sized pair of nail clippers?

My h's annoying habit concerning his toenails is that he clips them off the side of the bed into the wastebasket - when they make it and don't BOING across the room! And he usually chooses to do this just as I'm dozing off to sleep. It's a lovely lullaby.

The most annoying thing H does is allow himself to get a dry mouth and then make those utterly disgusting noises in his mouth. I mean, I just want to slam a 2x4 into the side of his head! I don't even sit at the breakfast table with him anymore on Sundays because once he's finished his breakfast, he sits there and makes those gross noises and it drives me insane. I offer him water sometimes and he'll try to take a pass, but I insist and he laughs - as if it's funny!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My husband also has dinosaur claws for toe nails.:mad: The main reason I won't let him snuggle up to me in bed. He likes to move his legs over mine and I get clawed to death.

So far he hasn't worn a hole thru the top sheet. A miracle I think as they're long as hades, to the point I don't know how he can stand to wear shoes. And that he likes the sheets/blankets tucked in snuggly around his feet.

My husband would never even consider a pedicure.

And when/if he does clip them.......he must never take much off cuz you'd never notice. It's a rare occasion anyway. When I get on to him about it........he tells me they hurt when he clips them. I suggested he do it immediately after a shower when they're still soft.........but yeah, God forbid the man listen to me. ugh

I think if I were going thru top sheets as much as you are, I'd make him wear socks to bed.

Star*

call 911........call 911
For the man who has everything

From the woman who would like to keep her sheets whole.

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm lucky on that part... My gripe is that husband sweats a lot, so the top of the sheet on his side looks permanently dirty as do the pillowcases. When I put the sheets back on, if they're backwards, at least it's the bottom of my side. EWW. Tried to get him to shower before bed. Like pulling teeth from a pit viper.

witzend

I'm with 'Stang. I get my pedi's once every 4 - 6 weeks, if it's really bugging me I take husband along. He thinks it's a treat. I think it's better than looking down and seeing those raggedy things attached to his toes...

Mattsmom277

OMG! I apologize that I had an inner giggle. Not at your frustration! But because I was just stumped last week and this week at the number of mens socks in this house with gaping wholes where the big toes go. difficult child or S/O? Probably both lmao. I was teasing S/O on the weekend about his claw toes. They are thick as get out, and absurdly funny to look at. But ... then the socks!! GRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I could afford a pedicure! But it isn't the end of the world to clip your own nails. For jagged ends, emory boards are cheap lol. Hope you enjoys the pedicure so much he stays with the pedicure program. If I had expensive sheets (only a dream lol) I'd be furious. Much pricier than cheap grey socks!

susiestar

Roll With It
You ladies think wearing through a sheet is bad? In high school my bro put a hole in his MATTRESS. Cause sheets were just a product that was created to make you spend money on them and on cleaning them. He actually TOLD us this, many times.

As an adult he is almost worse. He doesn't use a top sheet but does use a bottom sheet. He recently was complaining about a "cheap" blanket that got a hole where his feet are. It was a wool army blanket - the almost indestructible ones!!

With toenails that are thickened he may have a fungal infection. That can also contribute to painful nail clipping. It truly CAN be painful if you have a long time fungal infection. It can take weeks to months to clear it up but it is very much worth it.

As for sheets, I no longer shop walmart for mine. They almost never have 100% cotton ones at my store. Or the fiber content is so hidden you have to hide and guess what they are made of.

I go to Ross or TJMaxx and can get a set of king size 100% cotton (or the new beech fiber) for under $30 for my king size bed. At least 300 count.

Just watch out. There is a deal of the day site that sells "luxurious) 1000 sheets. They are polyester. ALL polyester. They want you to think they are 1000 thread count. But they are not even cotton blend!

Also, above around 400 you lose strength. Several reviews of sheets and thread count discussions have said that above 400 it becomes very hard to verify the thread count and the threads are so thin that they are not as strong.

As with everything else, moderation is what seems to work best.

Enjoy your new sheets and new twin size top sheets!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I got a new set of sheets...organic cotton, 300 thread count. They were only $20 so we'll see how long they hold up.

BUT!!!!

husband's toenails are trimmed back and filed down!!! Woo hoo!!!! His feet actually look relatively normal now!!!!

KTMom91

I'll tell Hubby that YOUR husband got a pedicure...maybe I can convince him to do something about his scaly man feet.

And I SO understand about the need for nice, soft sheets. I just got a set at Target off the clearance shelf.

susiequte

My peeve is the nose and ear hairs! husband doesn't seem to care about them. He's 6'3 and I'm only 5'5 so I look right up into his nose. OMG! I can't imagine what his co-workers must think! I tell him to trim those suckers, but he never does......every few months I get so disgusted that I end up doing it myself. ick.................

mstang67chic

Going Green
:rofl:

Yeah, they don't TELL you about the toe nail thingy when you're all starry-eyed and lovey-dovey over eachother, DO they? ;)

Or the strange noises, toxic odors, crusty socks, should-be-quarantined-shoes, snoring, that weird friend from college who shows up every few years, mysterious stains on their clothing or that container in the back of the fridge that you're not quite sure if you should dump or kill.