husband's coworker's daughter

susiestar

Roll With It
The coworker who's daughter just died found a journal of hers. It only had 2 entries. One is a picture (very well drawn) of a girl walking away with a wave. It is titled "Goodbye" and dated in June of this year.

the only other entry is a poem/prayer asking God to lead her family through, because they won't understand. It doesn't say what they won't understand, but it does talk about helping them accept God's plan. It also says she is striving to mature humanly and spiritually, to follow God's word.

The prayer was dated Tuesday. The accident was on Wednesday morning.

Very eerie, but it is helping the family pull through. husband and his coworkers got a copy of the prayer by email from the dad. It has helped them also. It clearly was NOT a suicide type note, just a prayer.

Let's all give our kids and extra hug, kiss, story, etc... today. Let's remember how special they are, no matter what.

Hugs to all of you.

KTMom91

I have read that sometimes people are able to sense that they don't have long to live. I wonder if this girl had that feeling? Glad her journal is a source of comfort to the family. Many prayers and hugs going out to the family.

susiestar

Roll With It
Loth, she was in a car accident. A family friend (a teen who lives with the coworker's family) was driving her to early morning ice skating classes (she teaches and competes nationally - she did.) . The driver tried to make a left (had a green yield signal) in front of a garbage truck. The truck hit the passenger side straight on.

The girl died at the scene, brain wise. they were able to mechanically keep her alive so the family could say good-bye and so that her organs could be donated.

The girl was 14, a nationally competing figure skater, and a really good kid. The apple of her dad's eye. He talked about her achievements a lot.

The family is pulling together for the driver. They do not blame her, they are very worried about her - she may be on suicide watch.

It was just eerie to have the journal with a prayer/poem that asked God to watch out for her family, to help her family understand that there is a plan for everything God does.

And the sketch of herself walking away, titled Goodbye, was also eerie - it was drawn in June. The poem was written the night before she died.

Wiped Out

Staff member
What a heartbreaking story. I'm glad the family is finding some comfort from the poem and drawing.

Steely

Holy crud........that is intense.

Knowing and feeling the loss of my own sister in an accident, I know that any sort of tangible connection, like a journal entry from that person, makes things just a little bit better on the family. I am glad the parents have this.

Life, spirituality, our existence continue to perplex me.

My prayers go out to the family.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
There is much more to Life and the World than we often want to admit. I'm glad the family has this to know the daughter was able to tell them good-bye.

((hugs))