husband's Interview Tomorrow

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's a 9 am. He will be interviewing with SIX different people.........totally bipassing the temp co. Hmm. Odd for someone they want to hire as temp to hire. But not complaining. They told him to prepare for it to take several hours.

husband is a nervous wreck. He discovered I was right about how much weight he's gained in the past 2 yrs. (omg) He tried on his interview clothes.......including his interview fat clothes.....and no way on earth were they coming close to fitting. He went out and picked up some nice dress slacks and a tie, I bought him a dress shirt for xmas. But now the weight thing coupled with his age is not making the nerves any better.

This is only his 2nd nibble in 2 yrs. We need this bad. HE needs this bad or he's going to eat himself to death. ugh

So good thoughts, vibes, prayers.........any and all will be hugely appreciated. I will be constantly praying the whole time he's gone. lol

lovemysons

Dear Lisa,
Can only imagine how excited you are at the same time as being a nervous wreck!!!

I am holding out every positive vibe I can that your husband gets this job.

Hugs,
LMS

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
He's home.

He said the interview process went wonderfully. The main lab manager LOVES his experience, she just raved on and on about how impressed she was and how they've never had anyone with that MUCH experience before. husband also said he wound up having long conversations after the interviewing part with pretty much all of them......talking shop ect. lol There are 4 people trying for this position. One was there with husband this morning. Two others so far were no shows. According to the temp agency the other one who interviewed still hasn't called them back like you're supposed to do.

Lab manager told husband that it isn't unheard of that they will skip the temp part and hire immediately, however they may have him work a few weeks as a temp to see how he gets along with everyone. And she included that the pay would be MUCH MUCH higher as a permanent employee........she went all into to discussing insurance and retirement and the like which is a tad unusual when you're doing temp to hire.

If the main lab manager has any weight in the decision.......it sounds like he may have landed it. We should hear as soon as they've finished the interviews.

Thanks everyone!

M

ML

I'm thrilled to hear things went so well and will look forward to the post that says "he's hired"!

Excellent news!!! Praying that the main lab manager has a say in who gets the job!!! in my humble opinion, I think the main lab manager's opinion is the most important one. I'm rattling those beads, crossing all body parts, doing the nekkid chicken dance, etc... and sending zillions of positive vibes your way that your husband gets the job!!!

Any idea when they'll be finished interviewing? Waiting rots!!! SFR

DDD

Wow! You both must be on pins and needles. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers via cyberspace. Hugs. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No idea when the interviews will be done. I hope it's soon because the poor man is jumping to the ceiling every time the phone rings.

donna723

I'm thrilled that the interviews went so well, and I hope he gets some good news soon.

You know, this just goes to show you, employers would do well to consider the mature, well experienced individuals when hiring. We all know that age discrimination in the work place is rampant and so many employers seem to go right for the young ones right out of school, many who are more interested in the fringes than they are in working and who job-hop every few years. But most of the mature, seasoned workers bring a wealth of experience with them, will show up every day and are willing to work hard for that paycheck.

Mattsmom277

Pretzled up over here for your husband. That interview sounds like it went VERY well. And how fantastic if it leads not only to a temp job but to a full hire. Woot woot! I'll be watching for updates.

trinityroyal

Lisa, sending more good vibes your husband's way. This sounds like such a promising opportunity for him, and it sounds like the interview went very well.

You know, this just goes to show you, employers would do well to consider the mature, well experienced individuals when hiring.

Donna, this is SO true. In my field (IT) there has been an increase in the hiring of older, more mature workers over the last 5 years. I was talking to a friend who is a dental hygienist, and she was saying the same thing. I suspect that a similar trend will start spreading across the workforce as things improve.

donna723

I think the trend to hire the younger, inexperienced ones right out of school might be starting to backfire on them! If employers were hiring the younger ones in hopes that they'd get more "mileage" out of them, it doesn't work that way any more. The attitude about work among those of my generation is very, very different from the way many of the younger ones see it today. Before I retired last summer I had worked full time for 43 years in just two jobs, one for 19 years, the second for 24 years. Job security was highly valued and people were willing to start at the bottom with a company and work their way up to higher paying, more responsible jobs within the company. And if you were applying for a job, it looked really bad to potential employers if you had changed jobs frequently in the past. Young people just don't think this way now. Some of them change jobs the way other people change their socks! Six or seven jobs in ten years is not unusual. They hop from job to job like stepping stones because this is the generation who wants everything and they want it right now! And maybe companies are finding out that it's costing them a bundle to hire and train young people who will just be moving on in six months or a year.