I’m drowning here

dgrace

I’ll look into it. Maybe there’s one nearby. We’ve been volunteering weekly at a dog shelter. That has gone well. She loves animals, not so much people. It’s one of the rare times I see her engaged, dare I say excited about anything.

Copabanana

There are therapeutic riding programs. In some cases free. I wish there was one near me. she might thrive in that environment.

Last edited:

dgrace

Yes! I have heard of some in the area. My issue is transportation and work hours. That was a nightmare during in and outpatient. I had to rely on others heavily. Ideally I’d like to get her motivated enough to take drivers ed and work toward getting her license. Already have a car lined up. Ah, baby steps. This is going to be a journey.

BusynMember

My autistic son doesn't want to drive. He started Drivers Ed but quit. He manages to get around anyway.

No material item will change your daughter...in my opinion she needs help and an evaluation. To me that is the only way to deal with iher eith clarity. At this point, you don't really know if there is a special reason for her to be so afraid and reclusive. Don't give up finding out why. Evaluate her. She can only get the right help if they know what they are treating.

Every molecule in my being screams autism spectrum. I.lived with it. She sounds classic.

Here's hoping all works out well, no matter which path you take.

dgrace

I’ll continue to explore every option. I won’t force her to drive but if nudging does the trick and she can get comfortable then yay!! If not, that’s ok. I’m hoping to work on the transition into adulthood as much as I can.