I actually feel pretty good

klmno

I just thought I'd let people know since I've been having good moments and very frustrated times lately. LOL!! And- because I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow and I have a feeling this will be the last time I see her. I will then have to find another, but I feel good about what I've accomplished today, although I still wish it was more (I'm just that way) and about what I want from a therapist. Not that I'm always going to hear what I want or that it's always easy, but carp, the treatment goals should be mine, not hers. And I think I have come to a reasonable expectation of how much I need to feel a good repoirte (sp) with the therapist. So, I feel good tonight!!

I love my son, I love my dogs, I have started over before and I can do it again. Nothing is as important as being true to oneself- only then can we make wise decisions regarding those we love. At least that is my philosophy tonight. :)

I hope everyone else here has resolve and calmness and peace with themselves tonight and tomorrow, too. I hope you go to bed and sleep well, knowing that you did what you could based on what you knew and cut yourself some slack for whatever mistake you might have made today- we are all only human.

I'm sure I'll have more frustrated times and might be here to vent about them, if no one minds. But tonight, I feel peace.

(If anyone does something inappropriate to my son though, I will be breaking and entering into a correctional facility. I just thought I'd mention that as the only exception to my new philosophy. :D )

Last edited:

Andy

Good for you. I hope you find a therapist who you and trust and feel good about. You are correct that you should have the say in the treatment plan - they should be your goals.

I am glad you are feeling good.

klmno

Thank you both! I also noticed that a lot of my problem is the fact that I haven't been getting my regular allergy medications the past few months and now with spring here, I'm waking up so stuffed up that it's obvious that it's playing into things. My doctor is working on getting insurance to pay for it (they used to pay but then our type of policy changed). If they still refuse to pay, I'm thinking I might just have to foot the cost out of pocket because the OTC stuff just doesn't cut it. Especially since I realized that I started having trouble sleeping thru the night the same time I quit taking these daily. (I'm sure stress played into it too, but now I should be sleeping better.)

Last edited:

everywoman

I'm glad to see that you are blowing the dark clouds out of the way and looking for the sunshine behind them. It's there. For both you and difficult child. And trust me, after the dark days, the sunshine is even more wonderful than you even knew it could be. (PS---I will help you break in the the CC and hurt anyone who hurts difficult child.)

M

ML

I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying a few moments of peace. You deserve it. I'm with EW and will be on your team of breaker inners if anyone mistreats our board nephew. Hugs, ML

klmno

Thanks, everyone! I'm trying hard to keep that attitude as I sit here waiting for people from "agencies" to contact me back. Ughhh. I'm waiting to hear back from sd, the state Department of Juvenile Justice, and the psychiatric hospital (about billing). I'm trying hard not to let this turn into a reminder that when gal and PO discredit the mom, it makes cooperation from people in these agencies nearly impossible. Although they had nothing to do with the psychiatric hospital billing.