I am a

everywoman

facebook addict. There, I said it. It's out there in the open for the world (or at least the only ones in the world who matter) to see!

Seriously---what a great thing.

I have reconnected with old friends and acquaintances. My BFF from elementary school found me last week. I haven't seen her since we spent a wild week together the summer after high school graduation 28 years ago. She is coming to Myrtle this weekend and we are having lunch.

I have also reconnected with one guy that I just knew would be the unibomber. He is the weirdest dude---teaches history now at some college in GA---but can still make me laugh like no one else ever has. I wouldn't have survived high school without his humor.

Today I got a request from an exchange student I taught years ago. She was a delightful child and dance on the dance team I coached and I taught her American Lit.

It makes this big ole world we live in seem so much smaller.

Lothlorien

***poking my head from behind the newspaper, in my best undercover outfit***

Me too! Love it. I've connected with so many old classmates and friends.

DammitJanet

Isnt Facebook just like Myspace?

Now what I wanna figure out is how to twitter! If the politicians can do it, it cant be that hard...lol.

donna723

I'm on it too, but just barely. I only have five 'friends' ... pitiful, isn't it!

I reconnected with two people on "Classmates" ... one of them is the girl who was my best friend for years when we were little kids in St. Louis! I lost track of her when we moved to Florida when we were 12. I hadn't heard from her in almost FIFTY YEARS and I cried when I she answered my email! We've kept in touch ever since.

The other one is a girl I went to high school with in Florida - she was a year older than me so I haven't seen her since she graduated in 1963! They were living in Calif. and just retired and bought a place here in Tennessee, only about 40 miles from me! She's coming to visit me Saturday - we haven't seen each other in 46 years! One of her sons talked her into opening a Facebook account and she sent me a 'friend' request (or whatever you call it!) so now I'm on it too! Two of my 'friends' are my daughter and sister in law (do they count?) It's kind of neat though because they post their pictures there and I can see them online. My sister in law is an aspiring photographer (he's really good!) and I finally got to see their pictures from their trip to Jamaica that they kept promising to send. And with the baby coming, there will be lots more. I didn't have a decent picture of myself to put on there ... so I substituted a picture I took at last years Christmas parade. It's a kid who works in the local Subway marching in the parade dressed as a giant submarine sandwich! At least nobody else has one just like it! ;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I haven't tried Facebook. But I'm on MySpace due to the kids. Can't really say I'm addicted though. lol

I tried classmates.......but you have to pay before anyone can really contact you.......and I'm too cheap to pay........so yeah. lol

Fran

Former desparate mom
Waaaaaa. I have heard so many good things like this but I don't have a clue how or where. Guess I should talk to my kids. LOL.
Glad it's been wonderful for you everywoman.

everywoman

Facebook is much different from myspace. I have a myspace too, but don't use it. A lot of older (hummmmm) people do use facebook. 3 of my sisters are one. My daughter in law is on. I have 51 friends, and I have only had an account for a few weeks. You get everyone's update all the time---so you can see what their up to, see their new picts.

Fran---go for it. You have lived so many places, I'm sure you can connect with a lot of people you've known and have lost touch with.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Facebook makes me feel like a loser....O, wait that's Loser with a capital L...

I am not on Facebook...but my husband is. So yestreday he is at the computer laughing his a** off over pictures of his ex-girlfriends. What's so funny? Apparantly they've gotten fat and ugly and he thinks its hilarious.

So he says to me "You'd love Facebook. Here....let's look up some of your old friends that you've lost touch with."

After a search of a half-dozen names or so he comes up empty-handed. "That's OK" he says. "Maybe we can find some of your ex-boyfriends and have a laugh over how bald and fat they have become?"

So lo and behold...he finds an ex-boyfriend. And how does the ex look? Great! Absolutely great!! AND the ex has posted in his profile information about the successful company he founded. So he looks great and he's apparantly rich, too.

And where am I? Sitting here, getting fat and ugly....I guess.

:(

Life is unfair....

Pass the chocolate....

--DaisyF

DammitJanet

Well I must get Facebook! I have a myspace just to keep up with the grands. I also am "friends" with about 100 or so country artists...lmao.

busywend

I am on, but not really addicted. I have reconnected with all my old Middle School friends! We were a tight group of kids. It has been cool to see all the pics of their kids.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Well, I managed to find two of my French cousins on Facebook. I had been looking for them on Myspace for years! After one too many glasses of Chardonnay, I reminded one of them that he was my first kiss. Haven't heard from him since...LOL!