I am feeling out of place here

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ropefree -

While we may all be on the Titanic at times - not everyone gets into the same lifeboat to be rescued. Give the site some time - I'm in rescue boat B12NO1. :tongue:

A lot of times when the world felt like it was crashing in on myself and my son I know I was more sensitive. Dealing with children like ours takes it's toll on EVERYONE, but thankfully at different times. Or on occasion it seems like there is a full moon and all our kids have gone wild. I wouldn't want to walk in anyone elses shoes here for love nor money. But I understand how difficult it is to be a parent of a child that is so out of sorts with his environment, and the world doesn't understand us, and treats us different. So you come to a place like this and think "AH HA !!!!! These people will know how I feel." and you get little response and it makes YOU feel worse.

When that happens I'd challenge you to ask yourself - are they really blowing me off? Or do they have challenges and difficulties, and problems, and financial woes, and hard to live with husbands or wives that day and maybe didn't respond OR did they single me out of the herd and say "AH HA - we're all not talking to her today (do secret society handshake via PM) and not respond? I'm more inclined since my son is 18 - and I'm feeling a little bit more seasoned to know - there IS no handshake - they all phone each other and gasp at my posts. lol. :tongue:

But in all seriousness - This group is SO used to dealing with the heartbreak and tragedies mixed with little triumphs that sometimes people get overlooked. So I like posts that say 'HEY WHADDABOUT ME?' reminds me that I could probably spread myself a little thinner and at least tell you I'm in your lifeboat. (most days I felt like I was going down with the ship)

Hang in there - we're really not a bad family to be a part of - and whether you get accolades, or spanked or like me - sent to the corner for my pithy sense of humore? You are just as welcome as the next person to jump in and offer what you can, take what you need and leave the rest.

Hugs
Star