I. am. FURIOUS.

witzend

I'm sorry that she has made such a mess of your time together at this point. I know I would feel the same way about it as you do.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think she is freaking out about all of it... you have said that she has been like velcro on your b**t all summer.
I know for me and my kids that when I am we are anxious we become agitated and then it can become anger, frustration...
I have learned (somewhat) how to see the signs... but it is hard at times to catch it all before it becomes full blown. Especially for my kids, which is how she is acting, like my kids!
This does not excuse any of it.
I think you are doing the right thing though in making her deal with this on her own like in the real world.
She knows that you would never really abandon her but will not put up with her BS.

The dog is just so sad- I am glad he was OK. We can not leave Dexter alone with K.
SO sorry that her Birthday may be strained and her last few days at home.

JJJ

I'm so glad the dog is okay.

The saddest thing for me in your post is that this should be a time of joy and pride that you have raised her to adulthood and off to college, and she is still difficult child-ing.