I am going to be sleeping in luxury

flutterby

Fly away!
easy child and DF gave me my Christmas present early. They were too excited and couldn't wait.

A set of 1000 thread count, Egyptian Cotton sheets. :D I am so excited!! Raising 2 kids as a single mom, I've always had Walmart 250 thread count sheets. I am going to be in heaven.

I can't wait to go to bed!!! I'll be sleeping in the lap of luxury!

They made my day. :D:D:D

Fran

Former desparate mom
Enjoy. I have a set(don't remember the thread count) but the more I wash them the softer they feel. husband who is usually oblivious of the sheets since he falls asleep as soon as he pulls down the spread to get into bed, loves them.
I put a feather bed on my bed. It is wonderful.
Maybe for your birthday?:queen:You will feel like a goddess.

M

ML

What a great surprise! I love the idea of a feather pad on top of the mattress!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Ooohhh. Sounds yummy. Just remember to wash them on the cold/delicate cycle. Because of the high thread count and thiness of the threads, super premium sheets just can't handle the beating that regular sheets do.

Mattsmom277

OOOOOohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jealousy abounding here! I am still in the era of cheap low thread count sheets. I aspire to your level of luxury! ;)

I hope you slept like a queen last night! What a great gift.

I haven't slept on a feather topper but earlier this year I did hit a great sale (80% off) a fantastic memory foam bed topper. I can't imagine sleeping without one now.

Lothlorien

There is nothing like good soft sheets. Enjoy. You may never want to take them off your bed and when you do, to wash them, you'll put them right back on. Once I got myself good sheets, there was no going back.

klmno

I didn't even know you could get that high of a thread count! I'm jealous now! LOL!! I hope you enjoyed- I guess you aren''t out of bed yet so that's why your not on the board now. LOL!!

DammitJanet

That does sound nice!

That feather mattress top is a wonderful invention. I gave one to my dad and step-mom years ago but she was allergic to the feathers so I got it back. I kept it until I got my new mattress this past mothers day. It is wonderful but a pain to wash and I had to wash it several times. I did keep it about 7 or 8 years so I got lots of use and it was great to sleep on.

flutterby

Fly away!
It was wonderful. :D So incredibly soft. I felt like a princess. And they don't stick to your clothes, so that when you roll over you don't end up twisted up in your sheets. :tongue: I'm just afraid the animals are going to ruin them. I'll be watching them. :stalker:

If I use a feather bed, I won't be able to move the next day. I have to have a firm mattress...so that's not in my future.

flutterby

Fly away!
Now that I'm all spoiled, what I *really* want sheets made from bamboo. They're supposed to feel like silk.

I'll start dropping hints around my birthday. hee hee

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
I have some sheets made of beech. Got them at Ross - and they were cheaper than all but the roughest cotton ones. They are amazing! I am planning to go get another set next time I am over by our Ross.

Haven't tried the bamboo, but the beech ones are wonderful!