I Am Going.........

mom_to_3

I just wanted to say thank you. You all were right. I called the caseworker yesterday and asked him what he thought. He too thought I should be there and would have valuable info. I don't think I need to go as "indepth" as I did with my difficult child alone, but I do have some suggestions.

I am already getting prepared for the fallout, :warrior: because I can feel it in my bones it's going to happen. It has happened before. I can just see and hear my difficult child screaming......... get her out of here! She's not a part of this! He's MY son! Lord help me.

And thanks for the tip to write my suggestions down. I usually try to do that, so that I am not distracted by what's going on around me and so that I don't forget anything. Oh by the way, it's not on Monday, it's on Tuesday. I promise not to reduce myself to her level. I will not scream! :angel:

Thanks again.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending lots of warrior mom vibes to carry with you. I'll be thinking of you all day Tuesday. I know it's going to be tough, but stand strong. You can do this. Hugs~

Star*

call 911........call 911
I hope this turns out to be the best possible think in the world for your grandson. I think he's been through quite enough for a 4 year old. Time to find a soft place to land of his own and loving arms of his Nana.

Hugs
Star

witzend

I'm glad you're going. Keep those suggestions positive solutions. If difficult child wants to know "why should they do that?" tell her because "it is in your son's best interest to" eat, have clean clothing, be clean, be happy, know you love him, etc. Never ever "because you and your ex are too dag-blamed stupid and selfish to figure it out on your own.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm happy for your grandson that some adult who has sense will be there.
I can't imagine that difficult child doesn't realize she grew up with clean clothes, decent food, clean house and her son deserves it too.

I'll keep a good thought that it goes smoothly for you and the sweet grandson.

donna723

I'm glad you decided to go too. Hopefully, the caseworker or whoever is in charge won't allow it to disintegrate into a screaming match. If she does show out and lose control, it will just back up what you've been telling them and it will make her look even worse to them. I really don't understand it though. Is she insisting that you take him and the other child because she thinks that if you have him then she will have more access to him and possibly be able to take him?

Whatever the reasoning, I am so very sorry that you have to go through this. What a horrible position to put you in and what a horrible decision you had to make - totally unfair. I will keep your family in my prayers, especially your precious grandson, that this has the happy outcome for him that he deserves.