I am not a grandmother!!!!!!

KFld

difficult child just called to tell me the DSS worker called wingnut to say the results came back that he is not the father of the baby. She was crying hysterically because now she doesn't even know the fathers name.

difficult child is relieved, we are all relieved. I feel like I just won the lottery.

Thank god I never met her because I'm sure I wouldn't be so excited right now.

Thank you for all being there for me and waiting so patiently.

I have a catrillion phone calls to make and I can't even get ahold of my husband because he's out snowmobiling in VT. I can't wait to get ahold of him though before telling others because I'm about to burst!!!!

DammitJanet

Well I am happy for you.

That call would kill me right now...lol. I guess you did do the right thing in not seeing her.

KFld

I know if I had seen her and gotten attached to her I would be devestated. Something told me not to and my gut was right. I am so excited right now I can't stand myself.

I hope I don't offend anyone by how relieved I am, but I just can't help it. My difficult child is not fit to be a father at this time in his life, and I don't know if he ever will be, so this is the best for everyone involved because he wouldn't have been a very good dad, I don't think.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I can relate. I would not be happy to have my son responsible for a baby while I'm being responsible for him. Congratulations, your son has a reprieve.Hope he uses it to his advantage and gets himself together. </span>

DammitJanet

Your not gonna offend me.

I adore Keyana but I do wish Cory had waited a bit longer. Now that she is here though...I will keep her and the parents can take a hike...lol.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I completely understand your jubilation, Karen. If I weren't at work I'd be doing cartwheels for you. :whew: :whew: :whew:

Your son dodged a big bullet this time. Protection, protection, protection. . .

Happy feet dancing Suz :princess:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Karen, I don't recall. She didn't put your son's name on the birth cert as the dad, did she?

Suz

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i'm glad things turned out the way you were hoping.

hope difficult child takes this life lesson & puts it to good use.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

KFld

No she didn't. She just named him with the state, but the birthcertificate only has her name on it. He has a court date of April 13th that he was served a few weeks ago and the DSS worker told wingnut that he still has to go, as well as her, so they can I guess take his name off of that as well and finalize everything. I told him he should call DSS and ask if he has to go or if they can just send the proof to the court.

A very close friend of mine, who I also work with, was standing next to me when he called and I was being all serious on the phone with him and at the same time her and I were very quietly jumping up and down and high fiving each other.

He said she keeps calling him crying, and I'm sure it's because she wants him to still be with her, which he probably will be, but hopefully he has learned a huge lesson from this. I've given up on getting excited that he'll be done with her, even though he kept saying if the baby isn't his he'll never talk to her again, but I will detatch myself from that part of his life, BECAUSE NOW I CAN :smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Karen, are you buying him a lifetime supply of condoms for a congratulatory gift? :angel:

Suz

KFld

Maybe that is what I should give him for his birthday on Tuesday. What do you all think? :smile:

What a great month March turned out to be. He found out he's not the father, his birthday is Tuesday and he'll be 6 months clean on Thursday. Life can't get much better for him right now.

saving grace

Karen

I am so glad that things worked out for the best. You were so right by not seeing the baby before, good for you. Hopefully now difficult child will see and now he has living proof that she is not faithful and never will be. Gosh this poor baby!! she will never even know the name of her daddy. so sad

Grace

CAmom

Karen,

I'm so happy for you too! After all the progress your son has made, a baby could be such a burden.

Congratulations!!

Thank Goodness!!!!! How is difficult child handling the news?? I'm so happy for you! Yes, a lifetime supply of condoms would be good. Time to celebrate!! -Alyssa

amstrong

Great news! I have been hoping to hear this. Glad its all out in the open now and you can breathe again! And....yes, get that boy some condoms-lol!

everywoman

I am doing the happy dance with you. I know you are relieved that he is NOT the father. Too bad for the innocent baby---such a tragic thing these kids do to innocent lives.

DDD

:smile: :smile: My ears hurt from smiling so wide!!
Tonight instead of cooking I'm ordering pizza to celebrate.
AND...I'll do a happy dance for you too, my friend. DDD

KFld

Thanks everyone and I still can't believe it. I keep thinking he's going to call me back and say he heard her wrong and the baby is his. It's like the news was to good to be true and I have to keep pinching myself.

Don't get me wrong, I feel terrible for this innocent baby who will never know who her father is and will be raised by such a wingnut, but I don't feel my son would have been any better for her either at this point. The only thing positive would have been that she would have had us, but then I would have had to let wingnut back into my life.

I've spoken to him a few times today and I can tell by his voice that he is fine. He is so transparent when he's not, so I know he's being honest with me.

I just really hope he remembers that she said the only other person she slept with was african american and from what I have heard, the baby definatley isn't. What does that tell him. Hmmmm??? Maybe there was more then one!

mom_in_training

Whooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. I have been reading but not doing much posting lately. That is great news :)
Her true colors have been exposed.... How dare her be sleeping around like that and yes it is very sad for the baby to have to grow up with a mother like her. She has no business having overies.