I am now the owner

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather,

Like Marg, I wouldn't ask you to make the best of this....this *****. I would hope that you can find a level of acceptance; some peace with your body & how it works.

I struggled through the decade of my 20's with debilitating seizures. I hated & fought my body daily. The more I fought the worse the seizures were. I spent time at Mayo Clinic then - they taught me bio-feedback & other relaxation techniques to get through the resentment I felt - that my body was holding me hostage. The same you are feeling - that your body is holding you hostage, that you may have to apply for disability.

Through my current illness, I've had to pull back the things I learned during my 20's. The seizures were a part of me, just like going to the bathroom, need to nourish my body. I could expect it almost daily. My illness now is in another direction but it is a part of who I am....so I have to & will use whatever I need to function. To move forward.

I've had to find different outlets, different ways to communicate. I can't even apply makeup anymore. I need direction from a professional to apply it correctly. If anything I'm glad for my walker - it takes the attention off my face & it's disfigurement.

The embarassment isn't about you ~ it's more about the world's need for perfection.

This wasn't about you or your feelings of needing/using your quad cane. It's about human nature in general ~ the need for perfection. Many beautiful people are "overlooked" when they are seen with some type of device to help them function.

Last edited: