I am proud of ME!

JJJ

We all spend so much time on our difficult children and we've had threads on general about what makes us proud about our difficult children. This one is just for us, what have you done recently that made you proud of yourself (not difficult child related -- just you taking care of you! mentally, physically, emotionally!!)

Brag!!

JJJ

I am proud that I completed a full workout today!! I skated for an hour and then swam 16 lengths of the pool!! I'm pooped but it is a proud pooped!!

KTMom91

I managed to get the laundry done and hung out on the solar dryer. Lately, that's been a major accomplishment.

trinityroyal

During a PMS-induced mood swing last night, when husband said something in fun that rubbed me the wrong way, instead of hiding, crying or launching World War 3, I was able to tell him that even if my moods are hormone-related the emotions behind them are real and he has to understand that.

He apologized, and promised that if he saw signs of hormonal behaviour he'd make a point of being more sensitive about what he says and how he says it.

In the past I never would have said anything. I'm very proud of having spoken up.

Andy

I found the kitchen counter this morning (house work and I clash even worse then my kids and I do). As I moved the toaster to clean under it and scrub the sides, I thought to myself that I would like a new toaster. I had accidently broke the temp tab when I pushed down on it thinking it was the lever. I even took the bottom off and cleaned it out. Then later when I tried making myself toast, the main side is not working - guess I get to go get a new toaster - hope there is one like this one (I love cool touch ones).

I always feel good when something is cleaned.

My other proud of myself - I survived a week of directing VBS!!! YEAH!!! I really do enjoy directing events if there is enough help. I directed a three day Girl Scout camp one year - that was super fun!!! :)

F

flutterbee

Devon's girlfriend came over yesterday and helped me with some stuff around the house. It felt good to have a clean kitchen again. Then Wynter volunteered to help me fold the laundry. (!!!) :faint: Plus, I got to spend time with the 2 girls and I do enjoy their company. So, it was a good day and I didn't obsess all day over what's going on with my health.

And I'm really learning to enjoy the little things. I don't have a bird sanctuary quite like Linda, but I'm getting a little something going in that area and am just enjoying it to pieces. Nature is so peaceful.

ETA: Oh! And I sent Wynter shopping with Devon's girlfriend (gave girlfriend the kohl's card) cause I just haven't been up to it and I didn't allow myself to feel guilty over the fact that I couldn't do it and it's something a mom should be doing. So, that is kinda sorta difficult child related, but it's more about how I feel about things so it's more about ME. :D

F

flutterbee

by the way, JJJ....*great* thread. I hope we keep this one going and I think if we are feeling bad about ourselves we can pop into this thread and write one good thing....as a pick me up - daily if we need to.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This morning before I left for work, in the rain, I dumped two giant bowls of compost in our back woods, ran a load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher and loaded it, read the entire paper with my ONE cup of joe, met H to choose a color for our front door, stopped at Dunkin for another cup and then headed to work.

At lunch time, I went to Walmart for work and loaded up on snacks and drinks, grabbed a veggie delight for lunch and headed back. After lunch I was able to input about $150,000 work of checks and organize my desk and clear up all leftover stuff till I return from vaca on the 18th.

After work, I made dinner, folded two loads of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, re-made the bed that H made, and fed the dogs. Now I'm running to library to return some books before I leave for PA tomorrow and then I'm going to pack my bag, My goal for bedtime is 11PM. I'm ready!:whiteflag:

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I finally finished all the divorce paperwork and took it to my lawyer, I registered to go back to college, and made a lot of progress on a very long "to do" list this week, yeah me!

oh yeah and I joined WW"s