I am so happy in my new home

F

flutterbee

I have to say that I am so truly blessed. This past year has been such a struggle, but it has all been worth it.

I am so happy in my new home that there just aren't words to articulate it. It's more than that...everything has just fallen into place. I tend to be somewhat (ok, more than somewhat) cynical when it comes to people and the events of the last few weeks have me in tears of joy on a daily basis. I am definitely where I'm supposed to be; on the right path. I feel so much peace.

These words seem so empty. They don't convey the kindness and humanity I've experienced.

You all have been here with me right along through it. I just wanted to share this with you, too.

Thanks, you guys, for being you.

:flower:

trinityroyal

That's wonderful Wyntersgrace.
After all the upheaval you've been dealing with, I'm so glad to hear that your new home is a haven of peace.

Trinity

Heather,

I'm so happy that you're so happy!!! You've been through so much!!! I truly believe that everything happens for a purpose even if we don't understand it at the time. I also believe that in the long run, things have a way of working out the way they're supposed to. (Ok, from listening to me vent sometimes, it is hard to believe that this is how I really feel, but I truly believe this.)

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this is the beginning of many more good things to come... WFEN

Congratulations on your new home! It's so good to have a place of peace and serenity in your life.

I'm kicking my ruby red slippers together three times...

There's no place like home!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sooooooooo :its_all_good:

Will you be getting a spiffy trash can like Kfld now?

I think sometimes we get accustomed to running the Gauntlet so much every day that when things do seem to stop time and give us a smile we can REALLY appreciate it.

Happy for you!

Sending you a cyber door mat for you new house that says:

From here on out THIS is where you wipe your feet.

Hugs
Star

klmno

This is great news! I'm very happy for you- you deserve it and I'm glad you found this serenity for the holiday period- and hopefully thereafter!

DDD

Your post is the nicest, happiest post I have seen in an age.
I am TRULY delighted for you. Happy Holidays! DDD

F

flutterbee

Thank you, ladies, for sharing in my happiness. I swear, I feel like I could just burst.

And, Star, we don't have fancy trash, but I LOVE the doormat.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather,

I found the minute husband & I moved into our current home, the difference between a house & a "home".

There's a feeling of calm - the desire to become more of a homebody. To invest time & money (when you have it) into making the structure into an oasis of love & family. (Or at least that's how I see it)

Congratulations on your new home - I'm so glad that it's become your oasis.

LynnG61

timer, I think you worded it well, when I closed on my home earlier this year, I felt that way too1

So, I planted a tree near my steps coming in towards my house, what is so special about this tree?

It is my worry tree, one where I stop and drop my worries at before I enter the house, so even though they are still there? They are there for another day and not to interfere if possible in the home.

Grats winter, it is true, there is no place like home!

KFld

I believe your real home is wherever you are happiest in your life. I left my beautiful house that I lived in for 27 years with my family and I am now in a temporary apartment with my easy child daughter and I absolutley love it. This is my "home", not just a house, because my daughter and I are happy and at peace here. I know I will have to move on probably within the next year, but I will find a new "home" and I feel it will be just as important to me because I will be sharing it with the person I love sharing my life with most right now, my easy child daughter.

I know how it feels to love your home and be at peace. I am happy you are sharing this feeling because I know how awesome it is.

Are you sure you don't want a fancy trash can though? It does sound like you are pretty happy with your new doormat :smile: Can you describe it to us?????

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I'm so happy for you!!! It's wonderful to have a place you can truely call home.

So? Are you gonna let people wipe their dirty feet all over this doormat you love??

:flower:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Congratulations and best wishes in your new home, Heather. I remember when I left my exh and settled into a house I shared with a friend. My first night in my new place, in my own bed, surrounded by my personal things (not many) and my girls I just felt such peace - what a wonderful, beautiful thing! Good for you~

F

flutterbee

Only clean feet for my doormat! :smile: And no shoes in the house. Still working on drilling that into easy child's head. And I have to teach difficult child that light switches *will* go down after you flip them up. Apparently, she was absent that day.

And, no, our trash isn't fancy. It does have it's own room, though. Right off the kitchen is the room with the furnace and water heater. We keep our no-so-fancy trash in there so Abbey doesn't knock it over. Again.

ck1

Yeah!!!! I'm so happy for you! Here's to peace in your new home and the new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
WyntersGrace's trash has a room of it's OWN??????

(thinking maybe we didn't need to have a cyber house warming party for you after all!)

-Takes door mat as she leaves - thinking - BUY your own doormat rich girl -

Rich in Spirit, poor in pocket - no better way to be.

Hugs
Star