I am so over snow.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This storm was supposed to be nothing special....... Forecast started out as "a dusting" to perhaps an inch. Then progressed to 3-5 inches. Then later to 4-6 inches. I think they just threw up their hands at that point.

There is a good 7 inches on the ground and while the heavy snow seems to have let up, it is still snowing.

I'm glad they called off overtime for this weekend or I'd be driving in it soon. It took easy child nearly 3 hours to get home from work and as I recall the Dayton area wasn't even supposed to really see this snow. omg Her drive is usually a hour.

Now I don't have tv but people are reporting the news stating we have much less than what is sitting outside. (it's not the first time, nor will it be the last) We had a good 5 inches when easy child finally picked up Darrin at 10-10:30 pm and I know for certain there is at the very least another 2 inches (or more) out there. I haven't seen the ground in ages. But due to Travis shoveling and using ice melt ect we had bare side walks yesterday, so it isn't hard to tell how much we have........not to mention my car was perfectly clear but now is buried in snow.

I don't know where people live or how their measuring but that is really off the mark.

I have no idea of what we'll end up with now. But the thought of having to yet again dig out is downright depressing. Unless local stores suddenly restocked ice melt/rock salt...it isn't in the stores. I picked up some of the last bags at the gas station after checking to find all the stores were sold out, and had been sold out for some time. Shoot, if we hadn't have found it I'd have never gotten the car out of the drive after the last storm that finished off with sleet that turned the top layer of 5 inches of snow into ice. blech

Our towns and cities are either critically low or have run out of salt. Many have resorted to sand/gravel. But mostly what this means is that even main roads are taking forever to plow and stay treacherous for days.......side streets stay that way for quite a long while.

I normally like snow. But even I'm sick of it now. easy child saw a weather thing that said to expect this pattern to continue well into March. Oh, well, goody. Not!

We've got 60 degrees predicted next week. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
It was horrible driving home from work yesterday. My normal drive time is 30 minutes and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes. Literally 10 mph from Springboro to Vandalia. I am so over this winter here!!

Sent from my iPhone using ConductDisorders

BusynMember

Lisa, I forgot where you live. I am so shocked at how much snow the unprepared-for-it south is getting this year. It would be as if in Wisconsin we would be getting a hurricane. We would not be able to handle it as we don't expect it.

Right now, I'm sick of snow too, although I'm used to it and t he plowing is good here. If I stand outside (you have to picture that I am only five feet tall, but still...) piles of snow on the sides of roads that were plowed are taller than me. Sometimes by a foot. Although I am used to and really kind of like the peace an d solitude of winter, I get pretty darn tired of it by mid-February so I REALLY feel for those who are not used to it and who live in states where people run to the store and ransack everything when there is going to be snowstorms. It must be scary and depressing.

I have many friends who are retired and travel south for the winter. I wonder how they are doing. I have heard of snow in Alabama??? Really??? I have two friends who go there every winter. This winter seems neverending.

I blame it on the Ground Hog ;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm in Ohio MWM. About an hour from Dayton, Columbus, and Cincy. They sort of form a triangle around our area.

We wound up with 7 inches. Snow must have tapered and stopped not too long after I posted.

It has been so long since we've had a "normal" winter, that all this snow is hard to get used to again. However, I think this has gone beyond normal a bit. We normally get quite a lot of snow but we also gets breaks between storms. We've not really had breaks and I've not seen the grass I don't think since it first started snowing.

The sun is shining today, although it is cold. It helps with the winter blahs.......but I'm hoping we're about done with this stuff.

Lothlorien

Sick of this miserable winter too! I don't think our kids have had a complete full week of school since Christmas break. Our town's snow removal stinks. I think they finally hired a couple of private snow removal companies, but it's still not enough for the size of the town we live in.

There is a road salt shortage in NJ. They've been able to purchase some from Maine, but there are no US ships to transport it and there is some stupid law that won't allow a foreign ship to transport the salt from one US port to another US port, so we are going to have lots of accidents here in NJ this weekend. Stay safe friends!

This is freaking insane right now. There is a blizzard outside, an unexpected blizzard. Well, we had school yesterday and we don't have to go back until Tuesday. So that's good, but I'll have to drive easy child back to school tomorrow..maybe husband can do it.

Sabine

It has been crazy here too...

First we had about 6-8 inches, and it took us a couple weeks to clean it off the driveway. The day after we cleaned it off, we got 3 inches of ice/sleet. Then 3 inches of snow, then 15 inches of snow, then last night, another 6 inches.

Typically we'll get maybe 1 ice storm (half an inch), and 6-8 snow storms (3 inches apiece). That's our winter. We've had that all in the last couple weeks!

Spring will come, eventually!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Another who is sending up the white flag on this winter. We haven't really had a ton of snow (we keep getting 2-3 inches at a time) but the cold has been unbearable!!! It is actually getting better (even suppose to hit 40 on Wed) but at this point I just want 60s, 70s, and 80s which I know is a loooooong way off!

DammitJanet

Our weather is so strange. We got that really cold snap with snow but then in a few days everything was melted and we were in the upper 50's low 60's. Next week should be the same but who knows. I am sure the electric bill will be through the roof. I always keep the thermostat down and get under blankets but Cory wants to run around in shorts and a tee shirt and lets the baby run around naked. He wants the heater up to 78!