I am so scared for

Sara PA

Abilify, like any antipsychotic, can lower the seizure threshold. Just like with TD, it may not occur until after the drug has been used for a period of time.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Vickie,

Sorry I'm so late on this - also very sad that Aly is on a downward spiral of sorts. The "easiest" answer would be a medication thing that would be helped by tweaking. I'm praying that is the answer.

However, both you & I know that Aly is a complex young lady, likely with hormones beginning to rage on top of everything else. We're seeing like incidents with kt since her periods have become regular; the panic, the out of touch moments. They are terrifying - there is an end to this.

I just want to reassure you that there is the end of that state of mind for Aly. It may not last long right now; hang on to it when you see it. I'm not being flippant please know that.

Sending prayers & good thoughts your way.

Linda,

Thanks so much. I know, in my brain, you are right, but my heart is pretty bruised right now. I was thinking that puberty is upon us and that is probably messing her up as well.

Yesterday afternoon, finally, pediatrician called and said if I felt Aly was not stable to get her to an ER. psychiatrist pretty much said the same thing. So, my plan was, when husband got home from work for Aly and I to drive 2 hours to the closest big city and go to the ER where I know they have good pediatric neurologists on staff.

Well, Aly was with her wrap around therapist all afternoon, they went to the animal shelter. She came home in quiet but calm spirits. I talked privately to therapist who works closely with psychiatrist and she said Aly had been appropriate, calm, and overly quiet. Aly continued to be that way all evening long. husband got stuck at work 2 hours later than usual, so I fed the girls and Aly fell asleep on the couch even before her evening medications.

Only thing that made me nervous to wait to take her to the ER was that she had NO MEMORY of what went on that morning in my car, NONE! She told therapist her birth story, the real one, without hesitation. Although she did say she had "flashes" during recess and during a math test.

So, new plan was made. We'd leave this morning, drop Jayme off at easy child 1's house in nearby city to where I want to take Aly to ER. But now I am afraid the ER will just poo-poo the whole incident and all the preceeding incidents. Aly's pediatrician has written her recommendation for her to be thoroghly worked up for what's going on and faxed it to me last evening but my fax machine messed up and I can't retrieve it. So, I guess I will be making a trip to pediatrician's office before we head out.

I better go get myself ready for the day. I will try to update as I can from easy child's puter.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts for my sweet baby!

Hugs,
Vickie

smallworld

Vickie,

Sorry I am late responding to your post. Sounds as if you have a good plan in place. Let's all hope Aly gets the help she needs. Sending positive thoughts and gentle hugs your way.