I am still giggling over S/O's note this morning - A real funny!

Mattsmom277

S/O has a very calm, patient demeanor in general. Not much fazes him and he seems to weather most things others find stressful with incredible aplomb. Shortly before bed last night, someone stole my S/O. He was crabby and snarky and oversensitive when I attempted to ask him again about some important paperwork that is well overdue (stuff I can't take care of for him, he has to do himself and if left in limbo will cost us a fortune down the road, but can be avoided by getting on the ball). i was uber stressed that he has been procrastinating and I've been careful to not seem naggy about it. But last night I did tell him that I was feeling frustrated and really stressed out and I needed him to get this done, period. His reaction was snotty, defensive, argumentative and hurtful. I simply looked at him like he was an alien and went to bed.

I woke this morning to find he'd already left for classes and there was a coffee on my bedside table from my favorite coffee shop (meaning he went out at 6a.m. to get it for me).

When I finally came out to the living room I found a note that said:

I'm sorry Binx. (his pet name for me) Having my man period. Cramps are bad. Love you, Idiot-Mc-Crabby-Pants
PS. Can you keep my dinner warm? I'll be late tonight. Got some overdue stuff to take care of. I'll pick up some midol on my way home.

*SNORT SNORT*

I didn't wake up angry to begin with. He wasn't horrid last night, just really not himself and my feelings being hurt was simply because normally he's just a champ. But had I been angry??? It would have been awfully hard to stay that way. dang him and his ability to charm !

Mattsmom277

He's a good egg :) It means a lot to me when people apologize. Stems from my mother and brother who are the type that can deliver crushingly hurtful blows but never apologize. They just wait a day or two and call you up and act like nothing happened. I on the other hand am a believer in the power of a true apology and it's a important quality I've taught my kids. So it's nice to be with a man who isn't afraid to say when he's wrong or if he's inadvertently hurt me. Aside from that, he makes me just laugh.

I remember once, in a rare argument (one that got really heated) he walked out of the room, came back in with this crazy facial expression and just threw his hands up in the air in mock surrender and said " Oh Ballllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" with a lisp. I laughed so hard, and argument was over.

Mattsmom277

Can definitely clone his attitude!!! It has rubbed off (to a degree) on me over the years, to take life less seriously and not allow stress to eat me up.

M

Mamaof5

Awwww...that is so sweet. What a darling. Mine does those things too, he'll get me a timmies (Tim Hortons) or my favie snack food when he pulls a McCrabberson too. Last night he brings me a timmies at 3 am (he deejays on Fri and Sat) just because. Not that the Crabberson attacked but it was me who was crabby earlier in the evening so he was trying to cheer me up by waking me up with my favie coffee.

I love when men get all sensitive and lovey like that. :)