I. Am. Wiped.

KTMom91

I hadn't planned to work today...had a nice little list of what needed to be accomplished here at home. But when one of my favorite office managers called (from Miss KT's former elementary school), after school had already started, and wanted me to come in because there was no sub, I did.

OMG. It was a fifth grade, and they were SO FREAKIN' LOUD. I mean rock show jet plane loud. And I couldn't get them to tone it down. Even threatening to take recess time...I always let the class earn it back if they deserve to. Nope. And then they had the gall to look surprised when I wouldn't let them go out. You'd think it would sink in then, right, that the sub wasn't kidding? Nope.

It was all dumb stuff, too, and that just wears me out. I had a lovely collection of items lined up on the teacher's desk, that I took from people who were throwing them at other people. Erasers, those paper footballs, a little Lego man...they had plenty of warning to put it away or I was taking it. Passing notes, wandering, tattling on each other...I moved desks in an attempt to separate the worst offenders. I shipped one little darling out for her smart mouth; if I had ever heard that Miss KT sassed her teacher like that, she wouldn't have been able to sit down for a week. Shipped out another two boys for yelling out during class, "You suck!" "No, you do!"

Ran into the assistant principal at lunch. She asked, "How's it going?" I replied, "I need earplugs." The door key wouldn't turn; had to send a kid to the office to get someone with a master key. Here comes the principal...and even then, they didn't settle down. He had to holler at them. Go ahead, man, I've been hollering most of the day. One of the boys came up to me and said, "I have a headache." Yup, me too. He was lucky, though...he had a fever and got to go home.

My head is still pounding.