I begin REAL outpatient PT today-pray for me!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lol, I have a feeling that the outpatient facility for my PT will not be as gentle or easy going as my in home PT was; she was this very sweet, almost matronly, lady. She got me to 90 degrees, but now it's time for the real work!

Pray for me!

DDD

You've got H&R. Fingers crossed that it is therapeutic and not too uncomfortable. Hugs DDD

T

TeDo

No, they won't be as "coddling" but they will produce results. Hope the pain is minimal but that you get all movement of all muscles back.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
PT, as in physical torture. I hate PT, in case you couldn't tell. lol

But then the PT working with me was a sadist, seriously. I think I stuck it out like 3 visits when I told her to stuff it, I'd do my own PT at home. Thankfully I have the stubbornness to stick to it even when it hurts. And doctor was more than pleased with the results.

It depends on who you get. I hope you get someone who listens to you if they start pushing you too hard, too fast. (what mine refused to do) Make sure to take pain medications BEFORE you go!

((hugs))

Jody

Good Luck today and let us know how it goes. I am hoping it is not too painful and that you get great results. How often do you go? How long did you or do you have to use a walker?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks all. I won't say it was grueling, but it did hurt. My pt guy is good, listens to me. He said he will push me and it will hurt but that he will also make to stop when my pain level increases and doesn't recede with a ten minute rest. I trust him. He gave me things to do at home.

Jody I stopped using the walker after week one. I'm on the cane now and sometimes I can go without that but not a lot as I haven't regained all my strength or range of motion. Occasionally I'm dizzy from the medications also.

I will go three times a week through February and then we will see how I am.

buddy

So great to get a therapist you like.... Really good.

I am glad you are out and about a little bit. I would go nutso staying home all of the time.

Keep up the great work, I am hoping for a great result for you!

cubsgirl

Good luck with PT. I had a good experience with PT when I hurt my lower back. IT sounds like you are making great progress!!!