"I bet you will, too!"

meowbunny

Lately, my arthritis has really been kicking up, especially in my shoulder. This makes it extremely difficult to drive since I have an automatic. So, I asked my daughter to go to the store and get some cat sand and a few other items and, yes, I was letting her use my car. She didn't want to -- too much effort, she was tired, etc. Fine, the cats can suffer and we don't need to eat any sandwiches, there's other stuff for lunch.

Finally, late afternoon rolls around. By now, she's bored and out of cigarettes. All of sudden, she grabs the car keys. I asked what she thought she was doing. Of course, now she wants to get the stuff I asked her to get in the morning. I told her no, she wasn't taking the car. She was still going to take my car. I finally told her if she took the car, I'd call the police and report it stolen. "I bet you will, too." The keys got thrown into the street but the car stayed in the garage and she went off on her scooter. Amazing how they are willing to do something for you if it means getting something for them, isn't it?

(And, yes, I really would have reported my car stolen.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can think of SEVERAL places used kitty sand would have been put.

ARGH.

Did you make her go retrieve your keys? When it's self-serving they go all out. Phooey -

Hugs
Star

meowbunny

Doesnt that kind of BS just make you want to scream?!?

Nah, I thought it was funny. Did she really think I was dumb enough to buy that she would now do me a favor that I asked her to do hours ago? She did come home with ciggies, hair dye, hair spray and a good mood. :rofl:

And, yes, she picked up the keys. She announced she had thrown them. I didn't say a word, just looked at her -- kind of like a scientist would look at an alien bug. When she figured out that I had no intention of picking them up, she did it before she left on the scooter.

ck1

Sounds like you have followed through on a few promises and she's not even willing to test you!!

I aspire to be just like you :warrior:...not there yet, but I'm slowly working towards it!

F

flutterbee

Ahhhhh, youth. It's all about ME.

Good she knows you mean business. :warrior:

klmno

I'm with ck1- I was just impressed that in her frustration she blurted out something letting you know that she knew she better stop- and she stopped! Looks like a success story to me!!

BusynMember

LOL, good for you. I would have called the cops to report my car stolen too. You're more lenient than me. My daughter was NEVER allowed to smoke in the car and I removed the ash tray and made her clean it out completely if I smelled any smoke...that is until I took her license away and she couldn't drive at all :wink:

busywend

I do not get this.

You needed her to do something for you in the AM - you still needed her to do something for you in the PM. Why bother taking the stand? Just because she is selfish and will only do it on her terms, it still needed to be done.

I am hoping when she got her cigs she picked up the kitty litter and other items, too......yes? If not, you are still stuck driving with a sore shoulder.

You are not going to change this selfishness in her. She is who she is. As annoying as it is, it is true. This is the kind of thing that makes me just know that I will not be able to live with my difficult child for long after she turns 18.

Yuck!

meowbunny

The kitty litter wasn't crucial -- had enough for one more day. For the stuff she wanted, she could take her scooter. It became an issue because she tries this too often. She may be who she is but that doesn't mean I have to let take advantage of me for her convenience.