I bought a new car!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I spent just under 5 hours at the dealer's today but I finally got my price and payment, on MY terms, and am now the proud new owner of a 2010 Honda CRV!!!

It is so cute and it rides so great and it has ROOM, and it's a beautiful crystally-blue color.

Initially, they told me my car's trade in value was $2000 less than I wanted/deserved. They said it was in 'fair' condition - not so. I take great care of my cars, always have. I got up to leave. Then they gave me what I wanted, but they wanted me to take a 6-YEAR loan. Again, I got up to leave. Then the salesman sent the general manager over who asked me, "So, we're not able to close the deal for you today?" and I said, "Not with the pricing you're giving me" and again, put on my coat. He gave me the full value of my car, plus an additional $1000, reduced the sticker price to just above the invoice price, threw in the heated seats I wanted, and gave me 3.4% financing, enabling me to pay almost the same as my current payment with no down payment.

I hate having to go through all that crud, but it doesn't seem to matter which dealer you go to - they are all like that. It helped that today was their end of month, so they wanted all the sales they could get. Haha.

You may recall that I had a Honda Civic hybrid...well, I haven't been very happy these last 4 months with this car: not getting the high gas mileage, it bottoms out on everything, and I felt so claustrophobic.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
My sister in law just raves about the CRV they have, I think the whole family loves to drive it....... college age kids are trying to talk mom into a new car so they can have the CRV...... enjoy and I applaud your bargaining skills...... I would rather get a root canal than deal for a new car......... agh! Luckily my husband loves the "art of the deal" and if he leaves this planet before I do whatever car I have will be my last vehicle.........

M

ML

I am so happy for you. Can you help me next time I need to get get new car? I'm proud of you Jo. Great job!

crazymama30

Yay, good for you. Hybrids look nice, and in theory sound nice, but there is just so little room. Don't think I could handle that to well.

LittleDudesMom

Hey, Congrats!

I got a new CRV on Memorial Day and I love it! It's been years since I had a Honda and I had forgetten how much I love them (I had three others in the past).

I got the dark grey steel with the black interior. Love it, love it, love it!

Prior to the CRV I had two Mercury Mountaineers which I would classify as trucks. What I love about the CRV is that it drives like a car and really hugs the road!

Enjoy.

Sharon

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What I love about the CRV is that it drives like a car and really hugs the road!
Enjoy.Sharon

Yes! It does really hug the road - I tried to drive it as much as possible today - lol. Mine is like a light blue - I think it's called Glacier Blue. I really love it. I let difficult child drive it today and she said she loves the visibility!

Nancy

I got my 2010 glacier blue CR-V last July and I love it too. We had a rough winter with a lot of snow and it's been great in it. The only thing I don't like is that I have to turn the lights on and off and I keep forgetting. My previous car was a Toyota Highlander which I loved also and the lights went on and off by themselves. But I wanted something smaller now and after researching for along time I decided the CR-V was the best for the money.

Nancy